•{INJURED}•

••••••

*Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.*
                                               - Maya Angelou

••••••

AUTHOR POV

AUTHOR POV

Sanjana's heart raced as she struggled against the ropes binding her. In the dim light of the small, claustrophobic room, everything felt surreal. Panic washed over her as she glanced around, trying to comprehend her surroundings. How did she end up here? The muffled sound of a door creaking open made her turn her head, revealing the twisted figure of Mr. Oberoi, a man she had only encountered in the boardroom but had never trusted.

His smug grin sent chills down her spine. "You're awake," he said, stepping closer until she could see the glint of madness in his eyes. She felt the urgency to scream building within her, but he silenced her with a handkerchief over her mouth, a twisted satisfaction in his expression.

"Why am I here!?" she shouted, her voice muffled. He simply chuckled darkly. "Don't scream, girl. I don't like loud voices." The way he said it made her skin crawl, and instinctively she recoiled from his touch as he reached towards her waist.

Her heart pounded painfully as she squirmed in her restraints, her mind racing. She had to find a way out, and had to get away from him. "Please help!" she cried, but the futility of her situation settled like a lead weight in her stomach. She was utterly alone.

But then, he spoke again, his voice dripping with a sickening fascination, "I liked you since that meeting. But alas, you were married at that time." The realization hit her like a blow. He was obsessed, and she was nothing more than an object of his desire.

Just as he began to unbutton her shirt, a sudden cacophony of gunfire erupted outside. The sound was both terrifying and oddly hopeful. Mr. Oberoi cursed under his breath and dashed out, leaving her momentarily relieved yet confused.

A moment later, a man rushed in—a familiar figure clad in tactical gear, his face grim. "Ma'am, sir has come to take you," he said, moving quickly to untie her. With trembling hands, Sanjana frantically pushed the fabric away from her mouth and scrambled to her feet.

She sprinted towards the door, fear urging her to move faster. The scene outside was chaotic; her heart dropped as she saw Veer, the man she loved, fighting with Mr. Oberoi. His bodyguards were engaged in a fierce firefight, gunshots echoing in the night.

"Sanjana!" she heard Veer shout, concern burning in his eyes as he caught sight of her. She felt tears welling up, relief flooding her senses as she raced towards him. But just as she reached for his hand, pain surged through her. She gasped and turned to see a figure retreating—Mr. Oberoi, a gun still smoking in his grasp.