•{KNOWING HIM}•

••••••••

*Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.*

••••••••

Author pov

Author pov

As the sun crept above the horizon, Veer and Sanjana found themselves heading towards their respective workplaces. Veer, consumed by guilt and remorse, struggled to concentrate on his tasks. His heart yearned to reunite with Sanjana, to embrace her and seek forgiveness for his past actions. However, he felt paralyzed, unable to take the first step. With a heavy sigh, he forced himself to focus on his work, hoping that time would eventually heal their wounds.

Amidst the hum of her computer and the rustling of papers, Sanjana sat hunched over her desk, diligently converting files into PDFs. While her presence was physically in that cramped office, her mind had already embarked on a journey to Veer. In her heart, she yearned to rush to him, to lay bare her soul and seek clarity. Yet, fear held her captive, whispering insidious doubts in her ears. What if Veer, the object of her affection, recoiled at the sight of her? What if he had no desire to listen to her heartfelt plea? Sanjana's pulse quickened, and her hands trembled as she wrestled with these tormenting thoughts.

The fear of being met with indifference or, worse, contempt, gnawed at her resolve. She tried to focus on her work, hoping that the monotonous task would distract her from her turmoil. However, her mind kept drifting back to Veer.

Veer, immersed in his new project's crucial meeting, remained oblivious to the incessant buzz of his phone. Sanjana anxiously messaged him, worrying if he had remembered to have his lunch. Each notification vibrated relentlessly, growing louder with each unanswered message. Frustrated by the distraction, Veer finally reached for his phone and turned it off, silencing the persistent interruptions. However, the damage had been done. Sanjana, on the receiving end of his prolonged silence, was becoming increasingly restless. With a deep sigh, she drained the last drop of her coffee, her hopes of a timely response fading.

Time skips

Sanjana finished her workday and packed her belongings. As she stepped out of the office building, a sleek black car awaited her, with the driver ready to whisk her away. The comfortable air-conditioned ride provided a refreshing respite as they made their way towards her grand ancestral home. Upon arriving, Sanjana slipped off her heels and made her way to the elegant living room. There, Raghuveer sat engrossed in an article. The room exuded a cozy ambiance, filled with cherished memories and antique furniture.

"Beta," Raghuveer called out, his warm smile lighting up the room. "After you freshen up, come to my room. I have something important to share with you." Sanjana nodded in understanding, feeling a mix of curiosity and excitement.