Chapter 1 - Initial Missteps

Mayor Alice awoke early on Monday morning, knowing she had a busy day ahead at the municipal office. As was her routine, she brewed a cup of coffee and sat down for breakfast, tuning into the news on TV. However, her morning took a sharp turn when the headline flashed across the screen: "Mayor in Bamban, Tarlac Allegedly Involved in Illegal Pogos." Shock and disbelief washed over her as she realized the gravity of the situation. The news of her alleged involvement had spread like wildfire, and Mayor Alice found herself at the center of a scandal she never saw coming. Without hesitation, she reached for the phone, dialing her legal counsel in a frantic attempt to navigate the storm that had suddenly engulfed her.

Calling Attorney Cruz...

Mayor Alice: "I can't believe this is happening. How could this be all over the news?"

Atty. Cruz: Mayor, we need to act swiftly and strategically.

Feeling a mixture of shock and disbelief, Mayor Alice's hands trembled as she clutched the phone, her voice wavering with uncertainty.

Mayor Alice: "What should I do now? How do we handle this situation?"

Atty. Cruz: "We'll gather all the facts and prepare a statement. Stay calm, Mayor.

Tears welled up in Mayor Alice's eyes, her composure on the verge of crumbling.

Mayor Alice: "I never imagined I'd be in the middle of such a controversy. What are the next steps?

Atty. Cruz: We'll need to address the media, but we must be cautious with our words.

A sense of vulnerability crept over Mayor Alice as she struggled to find her footing in the midst of chaos. "The town's trust in me is at stake. How do I regain their confidence?"

Atty. Cruz: "We'll work on a plan to address the concerns and show your commitment to serving the community.

With a determined yet fragile voice, Mayor Alice whispered, " Please, do something attorney.

( end of call )

As Mayor Alice grappled with the weight of the situation, the fear of facing the office loomed large. Despite her apprehension, she knew that ignoring the matter was not an option. Steadying herself, she resolved to confront the day ahead with composure and determination.

Behind the wheel, the drive to the municipal office was fraught with a tumult of thoughts. The anticipation of reactions from the townspeople and the media stirred a sense of unease and stress within her. After a 30-minute , Mayor Alice arrived at the municipal office, steeling herself for the challenges that awaited.

Passing through the gates, she was met with a swarm of media personnel eager to interview her. Caught off guard yet undeterred, Mayor Alice knew she had to face the cameras and answer their questions. This moment had been looming on the horizon since the issue broke, and she was prepared to address it head-on.

Reporter 1: "Ma'am, can you confirm your involvement in the illegal POGO raids?"

Reporter 2: "There are documents indicating your connection to this. How do you explain this, Mayor?"

Mayor Alice: "I categorically deny any involvement in these allegations. That is all I have to say on the matter."

As I was about to enter the municipal office, the persistent reporter struck again:

Reporter 3: "The raided POGOs were reported to be involved in tortures, scams, and more. Were you aware of these activities as the mayor? And is it true that you have business partners with fugitive and criminal backgrounds?"

Refusing to dignify the question with a response, I simply stated, "Let's await the results of the investigation."

Deep inside, the woman's relentless questioning grated on my nerves.
Taking a moment to compose myself, I entered my office and settled into my chair. Fury simmered within me; the relentless media scrutiny was exacerbating my frustration. As Mayor Alice was engrossed in the tumultuous events unfolding around her, her phone suddenly buzzed with an incoming text message. It was from Attorney Cruz.

"Mayor, I have urgent news to share. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I regret to inform you that I am unable to continue as your legal counsel at this time. However, I have entrusted someone from my esteemed law firm to take over and assist you. Attorney Theresia Hontiveros is a trusted and skilled member of our team, and I have full confidence in her abilities to represent you effectively. I understand this may come as a surprise, but rest assured, she is more than capable. I expect your full cooperation with her. You will have the opportunity to meet her tomorrow. Thank you!

I have known Attorney Cruz for a long time, and I have placed a great deal of trust in him. However, upon receiving his message about Attorney Theresia taking over as my legal counsel, curiosity got the better of me. I decided to delve into her background by checking her social media accounts.

As I scrolled through her profiles, I came across her impressive array of prominent awards as a lawyer and her extensive educational background. Despite these accolades, a particular discovery gave me pause - Attorney Theresia is the sister of that annoying reporter. The realization added a layer of complexity to my initial impression of her.

The vibe I got from Attorney Theresia's online presence left me uncertain. The connection to the persistent reporter, whom I had grown to dislike, cast a shadow of doubt over my ability to trust her. The conflicting emotions and the unexpected twist in the narrative left me grappling with a decision - can I truly place my trust in this woman, given the circumstances?