Chapter 38 - Deion's Perilous Pursuit

Alice's POV

When we arrived at their house, her mom happily guided me inside. I settled into the cozy receiving area downstairs while waiting for Theresia, who was still outside talking to her dad about something important.

As I sat there, I couldn’t help but admire the elegant design of their home. The architecture was stunning—light, cozy, and exuding an air of quiet luxury.

Her mom and I were engaged in casual conversation; she had so many interesting stories to tell. I was genuinely enjoying the chat when I noticed Theresia walking toward us.

“Mom, sa kwarto muna kami. ,” she said, taking my hand gently in hers.

“okay” her mom responded with a smile. “By the way, your dress is already in your closet.”

As we made our way upstairs to her room, I felt a flutter of excitement, this was the first time I’d get to see it. When I stepped inside, the first thing that caught my attention was how minimalist and impeccably organized everything was. That’s when it really hit me just how different we are. My room is a burst of pink with stuffed toys scattered everywhere, while hers was calm and neutral, without a single stuffed toy in sight.

"have a sit muna, may kukunin lang ako." she said.

I sat on the edge of her bed, taking in the simplicity of her space, while she went into her closet. After a few minutes, she returned with two boxes in her hands. I stood up, offering to help as we set them down on the bed together.

I stood behind her as she opened one of the boxes, revealing a stunning, dusty blue dress neatly folded inside. The fabric shimmered softly under the room's warm light. She then opened the second box, which held another dress in the same color, though with a different design.

"Which one are you going to wear—this one or that one?" she asked, motioning toward both dresses.

"B-but they’re yours. You should pick first," I murmured, slipping my hands around her waist and pulling her into a hug from behind.

She smiled, gently running her fingers over my hand resting on her waist. "No, you choose first. "

"mhmm.. but I can’t decide, they’re both beautiful" I said as I tilted my head on her shoulder.

She chuckled softly. "Alright, I’ll help. The one on the left is yours, and the one on the right is mine."

"Go take a shower so you can try it on," she said, playfully removing my hands from her waist and giving me a gentle push toward the bathroom.

"sama ka, love?" I whispered, tugging her back toward me.

"Alice, may pupuntahan tayo" she reminded me, trying to free herself from my embrace, though her voice had softened.

I pouted slightly, letting go of her. "You’ve been calling me 'Alice' ever since we got here. Why so formal all of a sudden?"

She didn’t reply immediately, just walked toward the door. For a moment, I thought she was going to leave, but instead, she simply locked the door and turned to face me, her lips curling into a playful smile.

With a teasing glint in her eyes, she slowly approached me, closing the distance between us. She leaned in and kissed me, making me instinctively press my back against the bathroom door as I wrapped my arms around her neck to deepen the kiss.

"Let’s shower together," she whispered between kisses. Without a second thought, I opened the door.

As we stepped inside together. She gently pushed me against the sink, her lips trailing down to my neck, sucking and nibbling at the sensitive skin. Her hands gripped the edges of the sink, effectively trapping me in between against the cold porcelain.