Chapter 12 - Heartfelt Connections

Theresia

I wake up feeling a warmth spreading through me, a happiness that has nothing to do with the sun streaming through the window. I had a really good sleep, lost in the comfort of her presence. I reach for Mayor's hands, but her side of the bed is empty. A twinge of longing hits me, but it's quickly replaced by a smile as I find a note from her.

"Good morning, my love. I couldn't bear to wake you. You were having such a good sleep, I just wanted to watch you for a while. As much as I wanted to stay and be with you all day, I have important matters to attend to as mayor today. But I'll be back soon, and I can't wait to see you again. I prepared breakfast for you. I love you, Miss Pincher."

A smile spreads across my face as I finish reading her note. The happiness I feel is almost overwhelming, a warm glow that spreads through me. She's so thoughtful. I miss her already, the silence of the room suddenly seeming too loud without her. Since it's Sunday and I have no work, I decided to visit her office.

(Hi sa mga no label enjoyer)

-----------------------------------------

The ride almost took 2 hours because of the traffic. The thought of seeing her was my sole focus. I arrived at the municipal office, a flurry of activity buzzing around me. The air was thick with anticipation, and the building was adorned with some decorations - maybe there's an event here today.

I went directly to her office. She was sitting in her chair, her gaze fixed on a document, but the moment she saw me, her eyes lit up. A smile bloomed across her face, and she immediately stood, her chair scraping back against the floor. She was coming towards me, and I felt a surge of pure joy.

"Am I dreaming? Why are you here?" she asked, her voice laced with surprise, a hint of disbelief in her tone. She cupped my face in her hands. Then, she leaned in and kissed my cheeks, a gentle, tender kiss.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close, feeling the warmth of her body.

Alice

I was fixing some documents when a familiar scent filled the room as the door opened. My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't believe my eyes - why was she here?

I looked up, a mixture of surprise and joy washing over me. "You're here," I breathed, my voice barely a whisper. I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

She was standing there, her eyes sparkling, and she looked unreal. Before I could utter any words, I found myself drawn to her. I reached out, cupped her face in my hands, and kissed her cheeks.

"I miss you," she murmured, her voice soft and sweet as she wrapped her arms around me.

I held her close, savoring the warmth of her embrace. "We were just together earlier," I whispered, a chuckle escaping my lips. "But I am always happy to see you."

The warmth of her body pressed against mine, her scent filling my senses, and in that moment, I knew I was home.

"Client relationship pa ba yan. Ate Gie asked with an intriguing tone, a playful glint in her eyes.

"Ate Gie, could you please knock first. Nanggugulat ka," I said in surprise.

"Sorry?!" she replies with a sarcastic look.