Chapter 23 - Fatal Plan

Purely Fictional❗❗

Alice paced the waiting room, her hands clenched into fists. She paced the sterile waiting room, her eyes darting to the clock every few seconds, as if willing it to move faster. Each tick felt like an eternity, each minute an agonizing stretch. Theresia was in surgery, and a wave of icy terror washed over Alice. The thought of it ignited a fire in her, a burning rage that consumed her. Every fiber of her being screamed for vengeance.

"those bastards, malalaman ko din kung sino kayo at pagbababayarin ko kayo sa ginawa niyo."

Doctor: She is out of surgery. The procedure went well, and she's currently stable. However, as with any brain surgery, there's a chance of complications. We'll need to monitor her closely over the next few days to see how she recovers."

Theresia's Father: "Doc, what do you mean by complications? What could happen?"

Doctor: "I can't confirm yet. We'll need to run some tests once she's conscious. Possible complications could include things like swelling in the brain, seizures, or some memory issues. But again, it's too early to say. For now, the most important thing is that she recovers well and wakes up."

Theresia's Father: "When do you think she'll wake up, doc?"

Doctor: "It's difficult to determine exactly. It could be a few hours, or it could be a day or two. We'll be monitoring her closely and keeping you updated."

Theresia's Mother: "Thank you, doc.

Alice's Pov:
It was like a weight had been lifted, a feeling of worry crumbling away. She was stable. She was alive. But for a moment, I'd felt the cold grip of loss, the terrifying emptiness of a world without her. Now, all I wanted was to see her, to hold her close, to never let go.

Thank God! Thank God she's safe.

----------

Theresia's Father: Mayor Guo, it's late. You can go home. Kami na bahala dito.

Alice: "I'm fine, sir. I'll wait here until she wakes up."

Theresia's Father: (taps Alice's shoulder)

Pia: "I can't believe it. Why are you being nice to her? You told Ate to stay away from her."

Theresia's Father: "Lower your voice, Patricia. Your sister will be mad at us if we're rude to her."

Pia: " Bahala ka, Dad!

The hours ticked by. They'd been waiting for almost five hours, their fatigue a heavy weight on their shoulders, their eyelids drooping with sleep. But despite their personal differences, the family stayed together, a silent pact forged in the face of worry. Alice, fighting a losing battle against exhaustion, kept her gaze fixed on the hospital door, hoping for any sign of progress. Then, finally, the nurse emerged, her expression unreadable. Instantly, they all sprang to their feet, curious what the nurse had to say.

"The patient has regained consciousness," the nurse announced. "She's looking for her father. It seems she wants to talk to him."

They followed the nurse's instructions. If all of them went inside, it might stress her, and that wouldn't be good since she was still recovering. Theresia's father went in first, while the others waited outside.

Theresia's Pov:
I opened my eyes, and the world came back in sharp focus. The light was blinding, the silence deafening. I was in a hospital. The accident. It all came back in a rush. I had to talk to my father. I knew for sure that Alice already knew what had happened, and she was probably waiting outside.