Chapter 26 - The Chase

Third Person Pov:

They settled in, Theresia and her father by the bedside, scrutinizing the guest list, while Alice waited patiently at the table as the two were having a serious conversation.

Theresia: If I were to investigate all the guests who were there that night, it would take a lot of time. Thus the case will seems impossible.

Theresia's Father: There were a lot of people there. It's difficult to find the person you're looking for.

Theresia: But the VIP guests had different seating arrangements, and we were in the VIP section that night. I just need the list of male VIP guests who were there.

Theresia's Father: Most of the VIP seats were occupied by legislators and executives. We can't rely on the guest list alone, since some of them brought their husbands, children, or other companions, who wouldn't be included on that list.

Theresia: Hindi naman pwedeng sumuko nalang tayo. I'm sure I will recognize that person if I meet him again. There's something about his personality that I'll never forget.

Their conversation was abruptly interrupted by one of the security guards. "Sir, there's someone who wants to visit attorney.

Theresia's father stepped out of the room, eager to see who had arrived. He left the attorney and the mayor alone together.

Theresia's Pov:
I quickly hid the guest list. No one needed to know I was investigating. I took a deep breath, trying to act like I really had amnesia. This whole thing was giving me a headache, and I was starting to feel stressed.

"Are you okay?" Alice asked softly, handing me a glass of water. I was so lucky to have her. She was always so caring, and her smile always made me feel a little better.

"Give me a hug ple..." I asked, but the words got cut off as the door creaked open and Senator Estrada walked in.

"How are you feeling, Risa?" he said, looking concerned. We're all deeply concerned for your well-being. Please know that we're here to support you in any way we can. He paused, offering his hand. "I'm Senator Estrada, pero tawag mo sa'kin Jigs. We're good friends, you know."

I just nodded, trying to keep my face neutral.

Senator Estrada: "Uncle Theo, if it's okay to ask, how long do you think Risa's amnesia will last? It's a big deal, you know. She's a competent lawyer."

Theresia's Father: "It's still uncertain, according to her doctor. But she's doing okay for now. We're just taking things slowly and letting her recover. She went through a lot, so it's going to take time."

Senator Estrada: "Yeah, it's tough. It's a unfortunate this happened to her. We need someone like her on our side, especially with all this things that's going on."

Theresia's Father: "The investigation is moving forward even without her."

Senator Estrada: "Good. We need to find out who's behind all this. Alice you're here too. I haven't been able to visit the site much lately, I've been so busy sa senate.

Theresia's Father: "Jigs, I didn't know you knew Mayor Guo personally."

Alice: "Yes, sir. My father and Senator Estrada have a business together, a construction and development company. I mostly handle things for my father, so madalas ko pong nakikita si sen regarding purely business matters po.

Senator Estrada: "Her father is a good friend. I was shocked when I heard about the accusations against her. I wouldn't have gone into business with someone involved in something illegal, that would have been bad for me too. Alice, I should also ask, who's going to be your lawyer for the upcoming hearings?"