Chapter 11 - Dinner

Alice

Every glance, every touch from her stirs a symphony of joy within me. Her smile, her gentle touch, the way she looks at me - they all feel like pieces of a puzzle falling into place, creating a picture of happiness I had never known before. It's like a secret language we share, a silent understanding that makes my heart soar.

But beneath the surface of this newfound happiness lies a fear - a fear of risking what we have for something more. The thought of losing her, of losing the friendship we have right now, is a weight I can't bear to carry. I wouldn't be able to handle the emptiness that would follow.

I want to tell her how I feel, to lay my heart bare, but what if she doesn't feel the same? The thought of her distancing herself from me holds me back. In the quiet moments between us, I hold onto our friendship like a fragile treasure, afraid to let go for fear of losing her altogether if she finds out how I feel towards her.

I like her. I truly do. And the thought of her feeling the same way... it's a dream of me.

I invited her for dinner, it was supposed to be a date. I don't care if she's free or not, because I need to see her, to be with her. I'm coming to her office and I'm taking her.

I made sure to finish my work in the office early since I have dinner with attorney. I can't wait to see her outside of that sharp, professional suit. I will just wear casual clothes, hoping the contrast will make her see me in a new light, away from the formality of our usual interactions.

Ate Gie asks why I have to leave early, what the occasion is, and why I'm not taking her with me. She's asking suspiciously, but I refuse to tell her about my dinner with the attorney. Knowing her, she might
start a whole drama and I don't to want to deal with it.

Time skip...

I arrived at her office, and her secretary greeted me.

"Ma'am Attorney just went outside with a close friend. You can wait for her in her office. I will inform her that you're here." She directed me to attorney's office.

A close friend? I didn't know her that well yet, including her friends. So, I'm curious who this close friend is.

A few minutes passed when I heard someone laughing outside with someone. I recognize attorney's voice, and I'm sure it's her.

"Hi, Mayor, have you been here for a while?" She asks me while leaning in and giving me a beso. She's with a man. A good-looking man.

"Oh, before I forget, Mayor. This is Ralph, my close friend since high school." She introduced me to him.

"Nice to meet you, Mayor. Risa often talks about you," Ralph said, extending a hand for a handshake. He gave a quick, almost nervous smile. Attorney, pinched his arm playfully. "Don't mind him, Mayor, he's lying. He's just trying to impress you." She winked at me, a hint of amusement in her eyes.

"Just give me ten minutes. I'll just sign some papers, and we'll leave." She says while giving me a smile.

Maybe they really are close. She casually calls attorney by her nickname.

Ralph sits at her table while she's signing some papers. They are constantly laughing. His hand resting a little too long on her shoulder as she laughs.This man is a little touchy with her. I don't know what I'm feeling this way, but I feel annoyed just looking at her smiling like that with someone.

He's even touching theresia's hair, and it seems like she's used to it. I doubt this man is really just a friend.

I don't really like what I'm seeing right now," I mutter under my breath, a knot of tension tightening in my stomach. Really, in front of me, they're doing this. He's getting on my nerves.