Chapter 27 - Loyalty

Third Person POV:
Alice hurried to bamban, her heart pounding. She knew her father was waiting, and the anticipation made her stomach churn. Reaching the municipal office, she rushed to her office, her mind racing. Ate Gie was the first she encounter.

"Where's Papa?" Alice asked, her voice a little breathless.

"He's in your office. Kanina ka pa inaantay, bakit kasi antagal mo" Ate Gie stated, her tone laced with concern.

"Don't tell him saan ako nagpunta when he asks," Alice whispered urgently, her eyes pleading.

Ate Gie nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation.

Alice took a moment to compose herself, her reflection in the mirror. She straightened her clothes and took a deep breath before entering the room. Her father sat in the swivel chair, his face a mask of displeasure.

"Saan ka nanggaling at ngayon ka lang? he demanded, rising from his seat, his voice a low rumble. His brows furrowed, his gaze piercing.

"Sorry, Papa. may binisita lang ako," Alice said, forcing a calm she didn't feel. She approached him and hugged him, trying to soothe the tension.

"Who did you visit?" he asked, his voice tight.

"si attorney Theresia po," Alice replied, her voice steady, but her heart beat faster.

"Napapansin ko na mukhang masyado ka naman yata napapalapit sa lawyer mo" he said, his tone laced with disapproval. "Let me remind you that her father is a high-ranking general. Maybe you're trusting her too much. You haven't learned from your past experiences with friends who betrayed you. Be careful my daughter.

"She's different from them," Alice retorted, her voice firm, her eyes meeting his. "Don't compare her to those idiots."

"How long have you known her? How can you say that?" he pressed, his voice rising. Also, may mayor bang kung saan saan nakakarating. Iniiwan mo ang opisina mo ng walang tao. At sumasagot ka na sakin ngayon. Umayos ka Alicia, I am warning you."

"I understand," Alice said, her voice softening. "Sorry, Papa. It won't happen again."

"You better," he said, his voice cold. "From now on, hindi ka aalis pag hindi mo kasama bodyguards mo para alam ko mga pinaggagawa mo at kung saan ka nagpupunta."

" nasa tamang edad na ako, I can handle myself" Alice protested, her voice laced with frustration. "You don't need to do that."

"I don't care," he said, his voice hard. "Just obey. You don't want me mad.

"But what if I don't want to?" Alice's voice was a barely audible whisper.

"You don't have a choice. Sige na at aalis na ako dadaan pa ako sa site" He turned on the doorway.

The mayor couldn't do anything but angrily slam the pile of paperwork on the table.

"nagdadabog ka ba? Gie bantayan mo tong boss mo ha, Hindi Yung tinotolorate mo pa mga kalokohan niya . Both of you will be in trouble if this keeps happening." Alice's father firmly stated as he pointed his fingers to the two.

When Alice's father left, she finally let out her anger. She started punching the stuffed toys she could see.

"bwisit... nakakainis naman!," she muttered.