Chapter 16 - Lost

Theresia
"It may seem impossible, but I am hopeful that I can still fix what we had. I don't want this day to end without seeing her. Despite the rain, I grab the car keys, determined to see her and save our relationship.

I arrived at her office at 7 pm, only to find out she wasn't there. Ate Gie informed me that she didn't come to the office today.

I decided to go to her house, hoping to find her there. The guards allowed me in. I saw her with her ex. Seeing them hugging, my heart sank. I stood there, watching as she smile at her, smiling in a way she used to smile at me. It became clear that I was no longer a necessary part of her life. I was just a temporary affair that had reached its end.

I was devastated, I felt trapped in a cycle of emotions, unable to move. It seemed like I was stuck, and perhaps the best course of action is to let her go, even though it feels like tearing out a piece of my own soul.

I choose to walk away, I choose to feel the weight of release rather than the weight of holding on to it. I might be too attached, too involved in something that can never be, that I might be living in a dream world that doesn't exist.

Alice
I am so down, I need someone to talk to. It's just a coincidence that Dons came over to my house. I was at my lowest point, and she's here; I can share my problems. As tears streamed down my face, she embraced me. She uplift me as I was having an emotional breakdown.

"Aliceee, nasa labas si attorney hinahanap ka."

I wonder why she's here, I mused, my heart heavy with unspoken words. Without hesitation, I rushed outside and saw her walking away.

Theresia
Standing at the front gate, my feet felt too weak to move. It seemed impossible to take a step forward, my heart shattered into a million pieces.

She chose to be with someone else instead of fixing our relationship.

"Why are you here, Attorney?" she asked, her voice firm.

I remained silent, my mind resolute on leaving this place. As I began to walk towards my car, she reached out and grabbed my hand. In that moment, tears streamed down my face, and I couldn't hold back any longer. I poured out my feelings to her.

Mayor, have you ever considered pursuing me? Has the thought of wanting a tomorrow with me ever crossed your mind? Or was I just a girl you liked but never truly loved? I was willing to take risk because I thought what we had is real.

You know what hurt the most? I was destroyed by the same person who taught me what love truly is. Why did you invest so much time with me if you weren't brave enough to stay?

I thought our love was stronger than anything this world could throw at us, and yet here you are standing in front of me, breaking my heart.

I could never hurt you the way you hurt me . I blame myself for loving you this much.

Thank you for spending time with me. I will never regret meeting you. You made me the happiest and I am forever grateful for that. I'm not ready to move on yet, but I am letting you go. Please take care of yourself.

The words I uttered felt like raindrops falling from the sky. I didn't try to glance at her as I entered my car and drove away.

Alice
Her feet rooted to the ground, her eyes filled with tears, she questioned my intentions, my love. The weight of her accusations hung heavy in the air, suffocating me with guilt and regret.

Her voice, firm yet trembling with emotion, demanded answers I was not ready to give.

I wanted to explain, to justify, but the words caught in my throat. Yet, I stood there, unable to react, unable to be the person she needed me to be.

As she spoke of our shattered love, of her broken heart, I felt the weight of my own failures crushing me. How could I have hurt someone who loved me so deeply?

Her words, a bittersweet farewell, echoed in my ears. The gratitude in her voice, the pain in her goodbye, tore my soul.

I watched her leave, each step is breaking my heart. The rain fell softly.
In that moment, as the rain fell, I crumbled under the weight of my regrets and let out a cry that mingled with the rain, I let go the woman who loved me and whom I loved the most.