Chapter 15 - Betrayal

Purely fictional!

Theresia
The soft rhythm of raindrops gently awakens me, with Alice peacefully sleeping beside me. I can't help but admire her serene beauty as she sleeps. Despite some of our disagreements, I feel truly fortunate that she has a knack for resolving conflicts and bringing us closer together. Though she's annoying sometimes, she never fails to light up my mood.

In her arms, I find refuge, a haven where I am cradled. Maybe I am asking for too much, but I just want to be with her. I ache for her constant presence, for the familiar scent that brings me home, and the warmth of her embrace that whispers of safety. She is the only one I crave to kiss, the one I yearn to share the quiet of the night with, wrapped in the tender embrace of our love.

I got a little distracted by her and didn't realize she was already awake.

"Love, do you feel better now?" she asked, closing the gap between us.

I tried to free myself from her arms and avoided making eye contact, fearing where it might lead.

"You forgot to give me a morning kiss," she playfully chided, her lips forming a gentle pout.

I leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheeks.

"Nag-enjoy ako sa ginawa natin kagabi," she whispered seductively.

"I think we won't be doing that again. You promised to be gentle, yet my legs and body hurt. You even ripped my PJs, and my bed lamp crumpled on the floor. I only asked for a kiss, but you went beyond"

I thought I was being gentle. I'm sorry I couldn't control myself. I'll buy you new PJs and a lamp," she said, giving me a warm hug.

Freshen up, take a shower. Ate gie must be looking for you now. I'll prepare your breakfast.

Alice
"I forgot I don't bring clothes, staying overnight at her house was never part of the plan. But it's fine I don't regret sleeping here, it turns out really good. Just remembering how wild we were last night made me burst into laughter. May be I will be staying at her place more often.

After a refreshing shower, I wrapped myself in a bathrobe and decided to borrow some clothes from her. As I rummaged through her closet, her phone began to ring. "Love, you have a call," I called out to her, but she didn't hear me. So I decided to answer the call.

Theresia's father:
"Why are you taking so long to answer the call? By the way, I called to get updates about Mayor Guo. You haven't reported in the past few days. Keep a close watch on her; any details you can provide will be valuable to the committees ongoing investigation. She holds the key to uncovering the high-profile individual behind this massive syndicate. I know this is a tough task for you, anak. Thank you for doing this."

I was stunned by what I heard. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. All this time, I believed her love for me was sincere. But now, it was clear - I was just a pawn in her game. Betrayal and disbelief flooded my emotions as I came to terms with the harsh truth - I could no longer trust her.

Theresia
As I stood in the kitchen, the aroma of the cooking filling the air, a sudden realization struck me - I had left my phone in the room.

"Love, you have a call," her voice echoed through the house.

Rushing to the room, I found her already on the phone, her eyes filled with a storm of emotions as she turned to look at me.

"Is flirting with me also part of your plan?" Her words pierced through me, leaving me speechless as she threw my phone onto the bed with force.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Theresia: Let me explain, Alice.

Alice: I don't want to hear your stupid lies.

Theresia: I just agreed to this plan to ensure your safety. Dad told me how dangerous your business partners are. They have pending cases and are involved in a lot of criminal and illegal activities. Your cooperation will be helpful in holding them accountable.

Alice: But I already told you that I have nothing to do with them. I'm clueless about their whereabouts and can't assist you in any way.

Theresia: "But the documents state the opposite of what you're saying.

Alice: So all this time, you didn't believe me.

Theresia: It's not that I don't believe you. If it's not you, then someone in your family might have connections with these criminals. We have to know who they are.

Alice: And now you're accusing my family. You're an unbelievable attorney.

Theresia: "I am just connecting the dots. Just trust me. Just tell me everything you know. If you're scared that these criminals will harm you, Dad promised me that you will be under witness protection.

Alice: I already told you what I know. It's up to you to believe it or not. And from now on, stay away from me . I don't want to see you again.

Alice
The pain is overwhelming, like a heavy weight crushing my spirit. I believed in her, trusted her with all I had, only to be betrayed by the one I loved the most, the one I thought was my ally. It's a deep wound, a sharp sting of betrayal from someone I deeply respected . I feel adrift, lost, hurt and confusion, as if she's playing games with my heart, twisting and turning it with each passing moment.

As I turned to leave her doorstep, she blocked my path and gently took of my trembling hand.

"Paano na tayo?" Her voice quivered with emotion, tears streaming down her cheeks.

I struggle to answer her question, fearing the weight of my words in that fragile moment. Yet, she clings to my hand, refusing to let go. Perhaps she needs to hear the truth for me to be able to leave, to understand my perspective. The pain I carry is overwhelming, a storm raging within me, unseen by her innocent eyes.

Alone in my car, the floodgates burst open, and I couldn't hold back anymore. "I wish our paths never crossed. I wish I never met you," the words spilled out through tears. I thought I had faced pain before, but this is different, a new level of heartache that cuts to the core of my being. The pain in my chest matches the storm raging inside me, a whirlwind of emotions threatening to consume me completely.

Theresia
As I gaze into her eyes, I sense her furious, she's struggling to convey her emotions. Her hand trembles in mine. I don't want her to leave like that. The fear of losing her grips my heart, and I hold onto her hand tightly, unwilling to let go.What will happen to us if we stay apart, knowing that we love each other.

Wala namang tayo, at never naging tayo. We're just a fling," she uttered as she pulled away.

Her words echoed in the room, a painful truth that I struggled to accept. I had believed in the purity of our love, I thought what we had is real. Yet she only saw it as fling.

I can't believe it. After all we've been through, she just sees our relationship as a fling. I thought I wouldn't cry again because of love. I thought she was the last one.

I can't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now, but all I can say is it hurst a lot. Is it really true nothing hurts more than ending a no label relationship that you really wanted to work so bad.