Chapter 7 - Jealous

- Completely fictional and not based on any real events or location.

Today in Bamban, the streets are teeming with excitement as the town prepares for its fiesta. The day kicked off with a grand parade in the morning, followed by various street activities to keep everyone entertained. Later tonight, a fireworks display is set to light up the sky at 9 pm, adding a dazzling finale to the day's celebration.

Mayor Alice's POV:

The fiesta in Bamban is always a special time for me. This year, the excitement is palpable. The streets are alive with the sounds of music, laughter, and the chatter of people catching up with old friends and neighbors.

The morning parade was a spectacle of color and joy. The floats, intricately decorated with themes reflecting our town's rich history and culture, were a sight to behold. The day is filled with a vibrant mix of activities, from traditional games and performances to delicious food stalls offering local delicacies.

I have to be ready early since I will be in the parade. Before I forget, I'll invite Attorney Theresia to join us on this wonderful day. "Fiesta, all visitors are welcome to our town," I remind myself as I send her a message.

Her reply comes swiftly, "I'm not gonna promise I'll be on time. Hahabol nalang ako after work. Mayor, thank you for inviting."

Kahit simpleng reply niya lang napapangiti na ako. Rawr!

Theresia's POV:

I have a dinner date with my sister, Pia, which is a rare occasion, so I must make time for her. Besides, I already miss her dearly.

I also have some paperwork to finish at my office, making it a busy day for me. While cooking breakfast in my condo, my phone rings. It's a message from the mayor.

"Good morning, Attorney. I just want to invite you to our fiesta here in Bamban. If you are free, you can join our grand parade in the morning, and we have an after-party at night. Hopefully, you can come." The invitation sounds enticing, but with my busy schedule, I can only reply that I'll try to make it.

Fast forward to my office, where I am swamped with legal work. After a long day, I prepare to have dinner with my sister at a restaurant. She arrives late, as usual, prompting me to express my impatience.

As our conversation unfolds, she brings up Mayor Alice's case, intrigued by the media coverage. I choose not to disclose my role as the mayor's legal counsel, anticipating her shock and disappointment.

Our discussion lingers, and I realize it's already 7 pm. I inform my sister that I have other matters to attend to.

Really at this time, is it work-related? She asks curiously.

I know that look, Pia. Could you please stop being annoying," I respond in a firm tone.

Calm down, you're being defensive, she laughs.

Okay, fine, byeee, she hugs me and kisses me on the cheeks. "Take care with your work-related stuff," she adds with a laugh.

She never changes, always annoying.
It will take weeks before I see my sister again.

After bidding her goodbye, I head to Bamban, hoping to catch the after-party. I arrive in my working attire, having no time to change. The hour-long ride is smooth, with no traffic to delay me.

Mayor's POV:

The party has started and everyone is enjoying the night.

Nanguguna na dyan aking personal assistant na ayaw paawat, The dancing Queen ate gie with some of our beauty Queens in town.