Chapter 14 - Miscommunication

Theresia

"It's been almost 2 days since Alice and I last talked. Yesterday, we had a heated argument over the phone. The tension between us lingered long after the call ended, leaving a rift in our relationship.

We just had minor disagreements, primarily about her always being busy and not making time for our relationship. We're currently on a cool-off, and I temporarily blocked her. It seems like she's making me feel like I am disturbing her, even though she's not saying it directly, I can feel it. So, I decided to give her space and time perhaps, I am controlling her.

In our relationship, even though we're not official yet, it seems like I'm the one making all the effort, visiting her. Despite having my own priorities, I always make time to visit her because I want to see her.

However, on her part it seems difficult for her to extend the same courtesy to me. I understand that she's a mayor and very busy, but I can't help but feel this way.

As I'm alone here in my empty condo, the absence of her laughter weighs heavily on me. I'm just lying in bed, overthinking and reflecting on our relationships. I didn't go to the office today since I'm not feeling well, just resting in my condo and reading some books.

I can feel your absence slowly killing me.
It hurts like nothing ever has before.
I wish I could see your face.
I wish I could hold you and tell you how much I miss you.
I wonder if you feel as lost as I do.
- unknown -

Although I miss her and long for her, I think it's better for us to step back and give each other some space for now and talk when we both feel ready.

(kulang lang yan sa lambing)

Alice

This past week has been tough; I feel exhausted. Theresia can't seem to understand my duties as a mayor, and she's being inconsiderate. But I shouldn't have raised my voice at her over the phone. I could have explained calmly.

It's been almost 2 days since we last communicated. I can't call her because she blocked me.

As I sit here in my office, I can't stop thinking about her. I already miss her. Maybe it's my fault for making her feel that way. I have to do something.

I don't have much work today, so maybe I should visit her at her office.
On my way to her office, I bought flowers for her. Hopefully, she will like them.

Time skip.

I arrived at her office.

"Where's Attorney Theresia?" I asked her secretary.

"Unfortunately, Mayor, she informed me that she's absent today as she's not feeling well," her secretary replied.

Maybe she's in her condo. I feel worried about her knowing she's sick.

I waited outside her condo. It took a couple of minutes before she opened the door.

"I have flowers for you, love," I said as I handed her the flowers.

"Why are you here? Akala ko busy ka," she said in a distant tone.

"Hindi kita matawagan. I missed you already," I said, moving closer to her.

"Sabi mo you need space. I am just giving you what you want," she said while putting the flowers on the table.

"But it doesn't mean na hindi mo kakausapin ng dalawang araw," I said, closing the distance between us. I placed my hands on her waist and gave her a back hug. I could feel her warmth. She looked like she had a fever.