Chapter 22 - Tragic

The island private resort faded behind them, a paradise lost as the harsh reality of their separate lives loomed. They clung to the last moments together, knowing the next few days would stretch like an eternity.

"ihahatid kita sa manila," Alice offered, her hand reaching out to gently touch Theresia's arm.

"No need, love. My car is at City Hall, remember? Besides, I need to stop by at the office. I was gone for a week, who knows what happened there. Don't worry, I'll drive safe," Theresia replied, her voice a soft murmur against Alice's skin as she held her hands tightly, her thumbs tracing gentle circles on the back of Alice's palms. The warmth of her touch lingered even after she pulled away, her gaze lingering on Alice's face, a flicker of concern in her eyes.

"Why do I feel like I don't want to let you go." Alice voice softening. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you? Just promise you'll update me once you're in Manila, okay? Don't forget to call or message me," she said, her eyes fixed on Theresia.

"Yes, I won't forget it. Can I hug you? I'm going to miss you so much. Take care, love. I love you." Theresia's voice trembled slightly, her eyes welling up as she looked at Alice. She gently placed her hands on Alice's neck, her thumbs tracing the delicate curve of her jawline. The kiss she pressed to Alice's forehead was a lingering one, filled with a bittersweet tenderness.

"You're making it too hard for me, I love you more," Alice whispered, her voice choked with emotion as she tightened her arms around Theresia. "Drive safe, okay?" she added, her voice a soft plea. She pulled back just enough to brush her lips against Theresia's cheek

A gentle rumble that vibrated through the air as Theresia pulled away from the curb. But before she could fully disappear down the street, she leaned out the window, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"I love you, cutie Mayor!" she called alice, her voice laced with playful affection. A giggle escaped her lips as she rolled up the window, leaving Alice standing there, a blush warming her cheeks.

Alice couldn't help but smile, a warmth spreading through her chest.

Mystery voice:
Person 1: Nakabalik na sila boss, sinusundan na namin ang kotse ni attorney.

Boss: Mabuti, alam niyo na ang gagawin niyo. I want her dead.

Person 1: Masusunod boss.

Theresia's Pov:
The drive was peaceful, a quiet hum of the engine and the wind whispering through the open window. Then, I noticed something suspicious. Two cars, dark and sleek, flanking mine. They were like, right there, glued to my bumper. I tried to tell myself it was nothing, but they just kept getting closer. My gut was telling me something was wrong, so I called Dad.

Calling Dad...

Theresia's Dad: helloo, sa wakas tumawag ka din, saan ka ba nagpupunta at hindi kita matawagan halos isang linggo"

"Dad, mamaya na ako magpapaliwanag, but I need your help right now. There were two cars following me. They've been there kanina pa. I... I'm really scared."

Theresia's Dad: wag mo ibaba ang phone, nasaan ka. May malapit bang police station dyan?"

Theresia: I don't know exactly, Dad, but I think its still far from Manila, and there's no police station here. Natatakot ako!, they're getting closer to me. (Theresia almost crying)

Theresia's Dad: Just calm down, listen to me, don't hang up. I'll trace your location.

Theresia: Dad, they're trying to overtake me. What should I do?