Chapter 24 - Traitor

A Statement from General Theodore Hontiveros

General Theodore Hontiveros, father of Attorney Theresia Hontiveros, addressed the media today to provide an update on his daughter's condition following a recent accident and alleged shooting incident.

"I am here today to speak on behalf of my daughter, who is currently recovering from a traumatic accident and a tragic shooting. Attorney Theresia Hontiveros is a dedicated and respected legal professional, known for her integrity and compassion. She has no known enemies, and we are deeply disturbed by this senseless act of violence. We are determined to see those responsible brought to justice."

General Hontiveros expressed his gratitude for the outpouring of support from the community and assured the public that law enforcement is actively investigating the incident.

When asked about Attorney Hontiveros's current condition, General Hontiveros stated, "My daughter is recovering, but her injuries are serious. She underwent brain surgery, and the doctors have warned of potential complications. However, we are focusing on her recovery and are grateful for the progress she has made so far."

Regarding the potential connection to Mayor Guo's ongoing case, General Hontiveros declined to speculate. "We are confident that the investigation will uncover the truth, and we will cooperate fully with law enforcement to ensure a thorough and impartial investigation."

General Hontiveros concluded his statement by reiterating his commitment to seeking justice for his daughter and urging the public to refrain from spreading rumors or speculation.

"We are confident that the truth will prevail, and we will continue to provide updates as they become available."

----------

Big boss: Poor attorney theresia, kung hindi ka lang sana pakialamera payapa sana buhay mo.This is what you get for trying to be a hero. Hindi isang babae ang makakapagpabagsak sa akin.

Alice arrived at the hospital early in the morning to visit the attorney. She was surprised to find a contingent of police officers stationed outside the hospital. Upon entering and proceeding down the hallway towards Theresia's room, she encountered a detail of personal bodyguards maintaining a strict security perimeter. As she approached the room, the bodyguards intercepted her path, preventing her entry.

"Mayor Guo," one of the guards stated, "you are not permitted access to this area. General Theodore has instructed us to allow only immediate family members to visit the patient."

Alice, visibly perturbed by the sudden change in protocol, thought to herself, "This is absurd. I was here last night, and there were no such restrictions. Why the sudden shift in security measures?"

"I insist on seeing her," Alice stated firmly. "She is my legal counsel, and I am here to visit her."

"We understand your concern Mayor," the guard replied, "but we are bound by General Theodore's directives, which are implemented to ensure the safety and well-being of Attorney Hontiveros due to the potential threats to her life."

"I understand the risk of the situation," Alice countered, "but surely my presence as her client poses no risk."

The guard, maintaining a respectful yet firm tone, reiterated, "We have been instructed to adhere to these protocols, Mayor. We apologize, bawal po talaga kayo dito." He gently but firmly urged Alice to step aside.

As a conflict arose due to Alice's persistent insistence on entering the patient's room, the attending doctor intervened.

"Good morning, Mayor," the doctor addressed Alice. "Is there a matter I can assist you with?"