Chapter 54

I underestimated just how much Gaia and Mallory's presence impacted my everyday life. As I stood in the balcony of my sister's office, I couldn't help but long for Gaia's lips on my forehead, and Mallory's arms around my waist. My mates haven't been gone for more than two hours and yet, I was already missing them like crazy. I wished they didn't leave without me, and I desperately wanted to fight with them, but I recognized that this was only temporary. As soon as my mates come back with the joyous news of Stefan and that witch's death, everything will finally be okay, and I'll finally be able to breathe without feeling suffocated.

Or so that's what I wanted my mind to think. I didn't know why, but I couldn't stop feeling nervous about them facing that wicked witch, especially my sister. I knew my mates, my friends, and my sister were all very powerful in their own ways, but that witch was something else, she used dark magic for fuck's sake! Because of this, I felt that only Gaia was actually strong enough to face that bitch without having to use most of her powers. I just didn't want the rest of them to experience what I went through.. especially Weiss since I knew how stubborn and vengeful she was. However, as long as it's Gaia who will be fighting that bitch, I supposed I didn't have much to worry about...

Then again, even though Gaia promised me she would update me on what was happening, she never actually did. She hasn't mind-linked me yet, and I was becoming increasingly anxious. Fuck, what if they needed help? How would we know? Perhaps I should just follow them? No, that's not possible, I was surrounded by multiple guards, and I couldn't exactly use magic so escaping would be extremely difficult... What was I even thinking of? Gaia's there! She's there.. and she's a fucking demigoddess for fuck's sake! Her powers surpassed those of any supernatural's, even dark magic. I had no reason to worry so much as long as I knew that Gaia was there. I should just.. try to keep my mind busy with something else.

That's right, I shouldn't let myself stay in the balcony whilst wallowing in my creeping loneliness and anxiety, no. I had already given myself a task to be done for when my mates, friends, and sister leave for the underworld. The only problem was I couldn't exactly leave Weiss' office as I had a friend with me, Pearl Wolfe.

To find out the truth behind the bitch's history with my family... I would need to go to Nonna's room where Weiss found that photograph. However, since Nonna's room was kept a secret from everyone, I couldn't go there with so much people following me around. I had to think of a way to convince Pearl that I'll be fine alone... Thankfully, the guards wouldn't be much of a problem as they were still required to obey my every order, and it wasn't like I was planning on actually escaping anyways. Even though I truly wanted to leave, I've already started thinking of the witch's past.. therefore, I had to find out her history today or else my mind will never rest.

But what should I even say to convince Pearl? She wasn't as dumb and easygoing as Sapphire, and she wasn't as gullible and innocent as Amethyst, no, Pearl was smart and clever. She was almost like my older sister, but nicer, less violent, and more patient.

"Willow? Are you alright?" Pearl asked, her brow raised in concern as she looked at me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and cleared my throat awkwardly before nodding and saying, "Yes, yes, don't worry, I just got a little jittery." I wasn't exactly lying either.

"Well that's understandable, but should you need some comfort or any advice, I'd be happy to help." She replied, giving me a small smile.

I didn't need comfort nor advices, I needed to be alone so I could finally snoop around my Noona's room! Oh wait no, this sounded too harsh, I couldn't exactly tell her this, and I did not want to imagine saying this to her either. Since this was Pearl, I knew I'd need to do a lot of convincing before she agrees, but I was already having a hard time trying to come up with a decent excuse!