Chapter 36

Third-Person POV.

"Are we ready?"

The queen of witches and wizards nodded, her eyes narrowing at the door that separated her wrath from her enemies. Her fingers twitched as they itched to penetrate themselves through the hearts of countless rogues. She did not care anymore, whoever stood against her will be given nothing but death. Mercy was no longer in her vocabulary, she wanted to kill, and no one was going to stop her. Certainly not her friends, the queen of vampires, Vaye Throwne, and the queen of werewolves, Eva Wolfe.

The three queens stood in front of the door, their hunger for death elevating as Weiss touched the doorknob. However, she was abruptly stopped by a panicked demigoddess, something they don't see everyday.

"Weiss! It's Willow! I can't feel her presence once more, and the mate bond is weakening!" The demigoddess exclaimed, panic and terror on her face as she began pacing back and forth.

Her mate, the hybrid gulped and nodded, "I-It's true, I don't even feel the mate bond with Willow anymore." She didn't want to say it, it hurt her heart, and it pained her soul. To say that she didn't feel the bond with her own mate, it was terrifying for the hybrid. She already could not feel the mate bond very well, due to her human half, but to feel nothing at all was killing her.

The older sister of the mentioned missing mate cursed and pulled her hand away from the doorknob. Unfortunately, Weiss found herself in a dilemma. She had to choose between acting as the queen, and acting as an older sister. It crushed her, but she could not just leave her enemies alive, it would put her kingdom in danger, yet she also could not just let her sister wait to be saved, she might lose her forever if she did. In the back of her mind, she knew she had to choose her people, even if she didn't want to. She had no choice, she could only hope her little sister would understand and forgive her.

"Gaia, Mallory, both of you are to leave and find Willow, do not come back without her." Weiss stated as she turned her back towards the two, hiding the pained expression on her face as she faced the door.

"What about the demon?"

Weiss clicked her tongue in annoyance, "We'll handle him, just go! Find my sister before I kill both of you!" She exclaimed, anger pumping through her veins as she exhaled deeply. Meanwhile, Vaye and Eva stood beside their friend, hoping their presences would at least help ease Weiss' worries and stress.

Weiss did not say anything further. Her heart was so full of anger and fury that with just one push of a buttom, she'll explode. Although she didn't want to acknowledge it, there was this nagging voice in her head... The voice blamed her own mate, Sapphire, for letting her little sister leave on her own. It was such a small and quiet voice, yet it held so much impact on the queen. She hated it.

Therefore, as she opened the door, she only hoped the bloodshed would take her mind off of everything.

•~•~•~•

The two mates flew in a hurry, hovering over the massive forest as their eyes roamed everywhere. The hybrid was held by the demigoddess as she used her powers to soar them through the skies. They had already done this earlier, when their little one first disappeared, and yet, they did not find her. They flew for hours, hoping, and praying to catch a glimpse of their Willow's dirty blonde hair, but they only saw nothing, not even a trace of their mate.

While their eyes were alert and vigilant, their faces calm, and their bodies strong, their hearts and minds were the complete opposite.

The demigoddess blamed herself, no one but herself. Had I been stubborn and attached myself to little one, none of this would have happened, she thought. Besides not being by her mate's side, another frustration poked at her heart, it was her powers. She knew this would happen. She knew disobeying the creator, and neglecting her duties would result in her powers weakening, and that's exactly what happened to her. After all, the creator was the only source of her powers thus, the exhausted condition of her abilities and strength was just the consequences of her actions. She absolutely hated it, that she became this vulnerable the moment her mate needed her strength most.