Chapter 24

"What do you mean he's already gone?!"

Lucifer was, yet again, being the little fucker that he was. I just knew exactly what he was doing. He was deliberately saying misleading phrases to observe our reactions. By doing this, he would eventually be able to gather the information he's looking for. Unfortunately for him, he's not the only one who knew how to use that tactic. Weiss and I have employed the same strategy when interrogating mindless imbeciles who'd fall right into the trap. However, I don't understand why he'd use that with us, last time I checked, my kingdom and his were in civil terms.. unless he's one of those dirty rulers who always had dirt on everybody.

I put a hand on Gaia's shoulder and gently squeezed it, effectively calming her down. Of course Gaia would anger quickly. If Stefan truly was gone, Mallory would have no chance of prolonging her life and that would eventually mean death for her, possibly for Gaia and I as well. But I knew better than to believe in Lucifer's words.

"Where has he gone to?" I asked, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

Lucifer raised a brow whilst his stupid grin never left his equally stupid face, "What makes you think I'd know?"

"So you don't."

"Then we're wasting our time." Gaia stated, furrowing her brows with annoyance clear in her silver orbs.

He chuckled, "Perhaps. But I truly do not know the whereabouts about that fiend. Don't you remember, Willow? I cut him off the council."

There it was, Weiss' voice scolding me for not attentively listening in meetings. But in my defense, Lucifer's speeches when he gathered the rulers were very tedious and I truly believed that I wouldn't benefit from any of the information he shared.. he rambled on about his new council, not the old council which I now know that Stefan was a member of. Therefore I was still right to not have listened attentively. I just needed to ignore Weiss' scolding voice in my head, it was starting to feel real.. creepy.

I cleared my throat, "Yes, you did. However, I fail to recall why." I had to ask but I also didn't want to make it look like I didn't listen at all.

"Short term memory, are we, Willow?" Lucifer teased but his grin was immediately erased from his face when he saw Gaia's warning glare. Damn, was it just me or was Gaia acting super hot today? What? No! Focus on the damn objective, Willow! If we're unable to obtain Stefan's whereabouts through Lucifer, that's fine, we can still gather necessary information about Stefan from Lucifer.

He then chuckled and shook his head, "Must you all be so uptight today? Ah but no matter, Stefan Salvator was part of my sister's council. He was one of Lucilia's men, not mine."

"That's it?" He literally just stated something we already knew, that simply meant he's not telling us everything, I'm sure of it. We just had to pry harder.

"That seems.. kind of low, don't you think? Surely it would have been an honor to work with the same people who have served the previous queen, your older sister. If it were me in your position, I would have kept the old council." Honestly, I wouldn't actually do that, Weiss' council was full of strict and stern magic users, befitting my sister's personality thus I've never bonded with them well. Then again, I needn't worry about that.. after all, I will never be a candidate for the throne ever again.

Lucifer laughed, "Ha! As if!"

"You must really hate him then." I smirked as soon as he realized what I was doing. I was only following the same tactic he used earlier and it actually surprised me when he caught up already.

"Well played, princess. If you really must know, then lend me your ears." He then reached out his hand and a fire ball floated on top of it. With his other hand, he snapped his fingers, and the fire began to morph itself into an image of a man.. who I assumed was Stefan.