Chapter 37

Third-Person POV.

Her body was cold to the touch, yet her skin was as soft and smooth as ever. Her chest rose and fell, her mouth slightly parted as she breathed. She did not move a muscle, not even when arms were wrapped around her waist. Her ears could not register the sweet nothings being whispered to her, and her eyes could not witness the beautiful women beside her. Even if she wanted to, even if she desperately wanted to, she could not. Her body fell prisoner to the magic that lurked within it. Such magic that rendered her weak, frail, and.. asleep.

Jet black hair merged with dirty blonde as the hybrid buried her face in the crook of the witch's neck. Meanwhile, long fingers traced the intricate outline of the sleeping woman's beautiful face, her thumb pausing to feel her plump lips. Teardrops fell on the witch's neck, and on her face, yet she did not feel anything.

It was as if time was frozen for the three of them, as if the world has stopped spinning.. and perhaps it actually has, for their world was sound asleep, unable to open her eyes. They laid beside her, unmoving, attaching themselves to the dirty blonde. They refused to leave, to eat, or to even use the restroom. For as long as their little one slept, they felt nothing.

Not even when an angry queen barged in the room.

Her dirty blonde hair, strikingly similar to the sleeping woman's, was all over the place. Her clothes which used to convey nothing but power, grace, and elegance was now covered with dirt, grime, and blood. Her bright green eyes roamed frantically around the room before finally laying on the three women on the bed.

Without thinking, she ran to her sister, pushing the demigoddess away as she embraced her only living family. Following her, a vampire and a wolf entered the room, their appearances similar to the older sister's. Their faces stricken with sadness as their eyes witnessed the scene.

Meanwhile, behind them, another vampire, one with red hair, watched from afar, unable to move to comfort her mate. She turned around and walked away, tears streaming down her face as she thought, It's all my fault, I shouldn't have made you wait, Willow, I'm so sorry.

Weiss knew Sapphire had left, but she did not care, for she did not know what to feel about her at the moment. It hurt that she found fault in her mate's actions, it hurt that she could not even look into those warm chocolate eyes that she once took comfort in. There were countless 'what ifs' in her mind, and all were about Sapphire and Willow. Thus, she did not say anything more, not even when Sapphire left the castle.

She did not know where her mate would venture off to, but her priorities laid elsewhere, and right now, Sapphire was not included.

She looked down at her sleeping younger sister in her arms and held her close, caressing her hair softly as she kissed the top of her head. She did not acknowledge the two who watched her as she held their mate, she was in no mood to even engage in a conversation with anyone. She only wanted to hold her dearest sister.

Fortunately, the vampire and the wolf noticed their friend's state, and decided to talk in her place. "Stefan and Madrona.. they were gone."

Eva nodded, "We captured their base and have killed half of their small army, yet the two were able to escape."

The demigoddess said nothing and neither did the hybrid. Their reactions confused both the bloodsucker and the shifter, but they did not push any further. Gaia and Mallory, although their minds screamed in anger at Stefan and Madrona, their focus was on something else entirely. Their energies, everything of them was only interested in their mate, the two will kill Stefan and Madrona at a later time, when their little one has been freed from her slumber.

"We'll.. continue the investigation in your place, Weiss. Until then, we must take our leave now." Vaye whispered softly as she nodded at the women before leaving the room with Eva.