15| Get Over Yourself

Y/n POV

"We need more water."Glenn said as he looked down at the empty water bottles.

"There's a creek up the road a few miles southwest of here." Rosita said.

"Y'all go. I stay here" I said as I looked at them. I was more than happy of staying here.

"You sure?" Glenn asked as he looked at me with concern.

"I am" I said with a small smile. I'm sure I was the only one that would know want to do if Eugene did wake up.

Glenn nodded his head and kissed my forehead before leaving. I watched them go and I sat down on the truck. Soon after that I walked over to check on Eugene before going around to the back of the truck.

I grabbed the ladder that was on top of the car and pulled it down. I grabbed it and hauled it over to the front of the truck. I lined it up to where Eugene was. I grabbed a blanket and leaned it over Eugene.

I hummed to myself as I made him a small cover. I smiled once I was done and lost the smile. I walked over to where Abraham was.

"Get over yourself. You're not the only one who lost something today. It's never gonna get any better than this." I said as I felt tears in my eyes. I walked away and close the truck door.

I was tired of him acting like it was only him. I wiped the tears coming down my eyes as I grabbed another blanket to put it over Eugene to get the sun away from him.

A million thoughts were going through my mind. I wanted more just to get home to my daughter. But it would take time. I needed Abraham to get his head out of his ass and be a man.

It had been a good bit before I went back to Abraham with a bottle of water. I knew he needed something to drink. But he wasn't moving at all.

"You're thirsty" I said as I held out the water in front of him. If he would have slapped it out of my hands we would have had a problem. "Don't say you're not." I said, when he didn't say anything I kneeled down beside him. "Did you want me to shoot you?" I asked him. There had been a good pause before he sat down earlier.

"I thought I did. But I didn't." He said, his voice low and rough. I set the water bottle down. When I heard a rustling noise I pulled out my gun.

"H...hello?" I heard Eugene grunt out. I quickly got up and ran over to him.

"I'm coming" I said as I made it to him. "Stay right here don't move. You're gonna be okay." I said as I saw the look on his face. He looked like he was about to cry again.

Everyone made it back and we got back in the truck. We were ready to head back. It was quiet and no one really said anything. We were all pissed at Eugene. When we made it back we saw walkers trying to get through to the church.

I did what anyone would. I drive right through them. There was no way, i was gonna let anything get to my fucking baby.

I got out of the car and jumped out and straight for Michonne. I smiled when i hugged her. I looked over and I saw Christopher holding Evie. I smiled and i went over to him.

I took Evie out of his hands and held her close. She was alive and she was well. I smiled as I kissed her forehead. She opened her eyes, the sparkled as she held on to my finger.

"You okay?" I asked Michonne as I looked over to her. She looked shaken up.

"Yeah" Michonne said with a quick nod. "You're back?" She said with a worried smile.

"Eugene lied" Glenn said as he stood beside me. "He can't stop it. Washington isn't the end. Where is everybody?" Glenn asked. A lot of people were missing. The only ones left were Michonne, Carl, Judith and Gabriel.

"Beth's alive. She's in a hospital in Atlanta. Some open have her, but the others went to get her back." Michonne said with a big smile on her face as she looked at us.

"Do we know which one?" I asked, i wanted to get Beth back just like the others ones.

"Grady Memorial." Michonne said with a smile.

"Let's blow this joint, go save your friend." Tara said with a smile. I nodded along. I felt for Maggie and happy tears fell down my eyes. I knew Maggie was going to get her sister back.

...

When we made it to the hospital, I felt nervous. What do things would go south? I held on to Glenn's hand as we piled out of the truck. We all had our guns out just to make sure.

I took out my katana and killed a lonely walker. We confined to walk forward as we made it closer to the door. The building looked clean and good.

It felt weird to think about there was a hospital just randomly. When i saw Rick walk out. I saw him shake his head no. I felt my heart drop.

I saw Maggie and Daryl walking out with Beth in his arms. She wasn't moving. She was dead. I walked over and went over it Maggie.

I felt her collapse in my arms as she fell to the ground. She held on to me as she cried harder and harder. I wiped the tears off my face and focused on Maggie.

Everything else was quiet. You could only hear Maggie's sobs and screams. She had lost all of her family right before her eyes. I held out for her even tighter.

We had lost someone else just like that. We were so close once again. I knew how much Daryl cared for Beth as well, but i couldn't let go of Maggie.