chapter five - Neru

Heyo, Kenshi here! :) If you guys ever have any suggestions about future chapters let me know, I would love to know what you guys think.

***

The bell rang and the class filed out of the room, but I remained in my seat.

"Neru? Can I help you with something?" the choir teacher, Mr. Note, asked.

"Why'd you put me in your freshman class? You've had me for like three years now, I'm not a freshman."

"I thought it would be for the best, and it's only been one year."

"Well it's felt like three years, and the best for who?"

"Everyone. This choir isn't quite like the other ones that I've had before, it's full of people that honestly believe that they're too good to sing in a group, so they'll try and drown out anyone else. That's not what a choir is, and I think that you can put them in their place, I also think that this is a good opportunity for you, Neru."

"Why?"

"It just seems like you'd have a hard time fitting in with anyone your age. I'm not stupid, I know how close you were to Haku, and that's why you asked to be in the same choir as she was, I did you that favor, now you do one for me, okay?"

"I don't want to be in this choir, I want to be in a choir with people my own age."

"And then what? You know you wouldn't be happy in a choir full of people your age, you don't know any of them!"

"I don't know anyone in this one either!"

"That's not true. You know your brother, and I'm pretty sure you at least know as much as I do about most of the others. Please Neru, at least stay for this first term."

"Fine, whatever," I snapped, leaving the classroom.

Nero was outside waiting for me, and I grew even more annoyed. I didn't need my younger brother to watch over everything I did and everywhere I went.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to make sure you weren't trying to ditch class or something."

"Well I'm not, and I don't need my younger brother looking out for me, I can handle myself."

"Well sorry for being worried!" Nero yelled walking away, obviously very annoyed at my outburst.

I sighed, I hadn't meant to be rude, but of course, it just happened... I had already been worked up from not being able to switch choir classes, and I'm not the best at keeping my temper.

"You really shouldn't yell at him so much, he seemed like he was actually worried about you," someone said, walking out of the shadows.

I froze, it was Len-kun, talking to me. I really felt like confessing to him, but... I was me, and I was really annoyed and angry, so of course I had to give him an attitude, "How I treat my brother doesn't involve you, Kagamine. I know you and your sister - no, girlfriend, must have the perfect relationship, but siblings don't act that way in real life!"

"Will you calm down? Why do you insist on pushing others away, I just met you, and I can already tell that that's exactly what you do."

"You don't know anything about me."

"I would like to, if you would let me."

"Stop it Kagamine -"

"Call me Len."

"Stop it! Stop acting all friendly towards me! We both know how this will turn out, and I don't want any part of it!"

"Just what do you think will happen, Neru? I'm not going to hurt you."