chapter 35 - Nero

Wow guys, umm... I haven't updated this in a few days, I'm sorry... *not really sure what excuse to make* uhh... Hmm... Oh... Wait, never mind... You know what, just read the chapter.
***

I woke up to my phone buzzing, it was a text from Haku.

Please tell Neru that I'm sorry. I tried last night but I'm not sure she believed me!

I could practically hear her whine while I read the text, and then felt myself grow uncomfortable... It wasn't often that Neru got so annoyed or mad at Haku that Haku felt the need to apologize.

What happened? I asked.

Her reply came almost immediately after mine sent, and I was surprised by the quick response.

I kinda... Got Len drunk.

What?!?!

Yeah...

How?!?!

Um... Our drinks got mixed up and I didn't tell her.

You ordered alcohol on their first date?! Why were you even there? It was a date!

Hey, no judging! Plus, someone had to watch them...

More like you wanted a chance to go drinking.

That too.

Go drinking with Meiko!

She's always so busy.

So get a job!

No one will hire me... Turns out my previous employers don't have much good to say about me.

Ugh. I'll talk to her, but no promises.

I know...

You really messed up.

I know.

How are you going to make this up to her?

I dunno.

I sighed, but forced myself to get out of bed and dressed. I dressed in a yellow tank top and black shorts, along with yellow sneakers. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, something I rarely do, and exited the house.

The house to the Kagamine's was surprisingly quick. However the wait to be let in was pretty long...

I knocked on the door once... No answer came within a minute so I knocked again, louder this time. I waited for a few minutes and then tried again. The door wasn't answered until a good half hour afterwards.

"I hear you, okay? Now stop knocking already! I'm on my way!" I heard Rin yell as she opened the door.

"Well maybe if you hadn't left me outside for half an hour," I mumbled.

"Nero?"

"What?"

"I'm just... Surprised to see you, that's all."

"Oh... I need to talk to Neru."

Rin wrinkled her perfect little nose as I mentioned my sister, and I gave an exasperated sigh.

"It's always about Akita," Rin muttered.

"What?"

"Would it kill you to actually want to see me sometime?" She yelled, looking away.

"That's real funny coming from someone who swears I'm bad for her image."

"For crying out loud Nero! I've apologized already! What more do you want from me?"