chapter 45 - Neru

Whoop whoop! I've hit the 50 follower mark you guys! That might not seem like a lot to you guys, but trust me -- I'm ecstatic. I love each and every one of them, and these next few chapters are just for them! So enjoy :)
***

"What did you send to Miku?" Nero asked, sounding more curious than upset or worried.

"How do you even have her number?" Len asked, "I thought you both hated each other."

I rolled my eyes... Neither of them had the right to know the answers to their questions. After all, I had refused to tell Rin.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked Kaito, who seemed very much out of place.

"I figured that the others could... Deal with her better."

"Geez Kaito, it almost seems like you aren't a fan of your precious little Miku-chan."

"Stop it Neru," he answered sternly, unlike himself.

Len looked at him, and then I, probably surprised that I didn't beat him down on the spot for calling me by my first name.

"Stop what? I have stuff on you too, you know."

"I know," he said simply, "but blackmail doesn't look good on you. I bet whatever you sent Miku couldn't have been that terrible. After all she tends to overreact."

'There's no way he knows...'

"No way. I sent her something that could ruin her, and she knows it."

"I've no doubt that you have that kind of stuff on her, but I can't believe you'd use it."

"Of course I'd use it!" I yelled, getting angry.

...
"We'll be great friends!" She said, smiling from ear to ear.

"I guess..."

"Oh you'll see, we just got off on the wrong foot!"

"Y-yeah..."

She giggled, "Did you just stutter? Oh my god, you're so adorable! You must have had so many suitors back at your old school!"

"Not really."

"Really?" She asked, sounding genuinely shocked, "I don't believe you! You're so pretty!"

"I'm not really for that kind of thing..."

Miku gasped as she asked, "A-Are you...?"

My face reddened and I answered quickly, "N-no! I'm just too busy for things like that!"

"Oh good! I was worried that you'd start having a crush on me or something! Now that would be really awkward! But it's okay now."

'She doesn't seem to appreciate the other sexualities...'

"Yeah."

"Anyways, we'll be best friends!"

"Mhm!"

...

"Why?" Kaito asked quietly, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Why? Because I can! Do you even realize what she did to me last year?"

"So you think it time to dig up the past? She's spent a whole summer trying to cover up what she did to herself. You know that."

"I don't care!"

Kaito sighed and walked toward me. Nero and Len both stared in awe, not saying a word as our conversation went on.

"Can we talk outside? Alone?"