chapter 32 - Rin

EEEEEEKKKKKK, I'm so freaking happy right now!!! We're 15 views away from 1K!!! What does that mean, you ask? HA. lol, jk. It means that I'll update four chapters all in the same day for you guys! :D So get to recommending!!!! ^-^

***

Time seemed to stand still as Akita froze in place. Her miniature side ponytail hung limply on the side of her head. A few strands slipped loose, and she turned around. Her eyes were full of anger and hatred for Rei.

"You... You didn't just say what I think you did, did you?" She asked, her voice filled to the brim with venom, and I almost felt bad for Rei.

"What? That Rin would have been better for him?"

"Don't you ever say that," she spat.

"They're practically made for each other, what makes you think you are better for him?"

"I actually care about him!"

"I care about him!" I yelled, not letting Akita get away with saying that I didn't care about him.

"Then why did he leave you?"

"That has nothing to do with you!"

"It's cause you aren't good for you, isn't it? It's cause you picked a fight when he thought you were higher than that."

"Well you get into fights too!"

"Yeah, but I haven't tried to keep that from him. If I ever get into another fight, he won't be surprised."

"Yeah, so you're so high and mighty?"

"I like to think so," she answered smugly.

"Well you aren't even close! Don't go around talking like you haven't ever lied to him before!"

Her face went blank as she answered with, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm sure," I responded sarcastically.

"Rin," I heard Nero mumble beside me.

"What?" I asked, snapping at him.

"Calm down."

"Don't tell me what to d-" I cut off as he kissed me. His face was red with embarrassment and I'm sure mine was red from anger at Akita and from being embarrassed... I had only ever kissed Len before, and even then it was out of frustration and craving that I had done it... This kiss with Nero was different, better.

He broke away and stuttered, "S-sorry."

"Don't be."

"Umm, I think... We'll just be going now," Len said, taking the opportunity to drag Akita away.

"W-why'd you do that?"

"To surprise Neru enough to where she stopped yelling."

'What?'

"Huh?"

"It wouldn't do her any good to beat up one of your cousins..."

Rei laughed coldly, "I'd like to see her try."

Pictures of her fight with Anon and Kanon ran through my mind, and I said, "Don't provoke her again Rei..."

"Why shouldn't I?"

"She means it when she fights... It's as though she tunes everything else out and focuses on winning."

"And just how many fights have you seen her in?"

"Two..."

"Who'd she fight?" He asked suspiciously.

"Anon and Kanon."