chapter 46 - Len

Before we start, I need to fully warn you guys: chapter 50 will be the last chapter. Thank you all for reading, it makes me so happy to see that you all have kept going with this story just as I have kept writing it. We've seen this grow in many ways, and in a lot of ways it's still just defined by the boring chapters. But you know what? That's life. There's ups, downs, and times when nothing really happens. So yeah. These last few chapters are definitely dedicated to everyone that has stuck with it since chapter one.

***

Mr. Notes walked in a few minutes after the bell. He didn't say anything, but instead sat at his chair and begun typing quickly across the key board.

Miku had returned by that point, along with Rin, Luka, Anon and Kanon. Nero was talking with Aoki, and Miki and Piko were discussing what songs they might do for their duet.

I walked over to where Rin was sitting, and was immediately greeted by Kanon.

"Hey Len-kun," she murmured.

"Rin," I whispered, ignoring Kanon.

"Hmm?"

"Can we talk?"

"Umm... I'm kinda busy... Actually yeah, we better."

She turned to Miku, promising to be back soon, and followed me to an uninhabited area of the room.

"Whatcha want to talk about?"

"Neru is acting weird."

"What do you mean?"

"She refused to tell me or Nero anything, but she walked off with Kaito and hasn't came back yet."

"So?"

"Don't you think it's strange?"

"I think Neru is strange."

"I mean the way she's acting! Why would she just run off with Kaito?"

"Geez little bro, don't be so jealous."

"I'm not! If anyone's being jealous, it's you!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You've been watching Nero nonstop ever since Aoki walked up to him!"

"T-that has nothing to do with jealousy."

"Yeah, sure."

"I mean it!"

"Whatever... You don't think I have anything to worry about?"

She sighed and said, "No, Len. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think Neru is being unfaithful. She and Kaito are close, I don't know much more than that - except that they got close after Haku started dating Akaito."

"You actually called her by her name."

"W-well she's not so bad."

I grinned and hugged Rin close, saying the words, "Thank you."

"Yeah, no problem... But you still have to worry about something."

"You just told me I didn't have anything to worry about!"

"No. I said Akita was probably being faithful."

"Ugh."

"Kanon has her eyes on you. She hasn't talked about anything else... Anon seemed interested too, but backed off after Kanon started talking."

"She just met me..."

"I know, she still seems to think you're cute though."

"Well she's cute too, but that doesn't mean I want to date her."