chapter six - Len

Kenshi here, just wanted to say, that if anyone thinks I am biased while writing this: I am. :p Akita Neru is by far my favorite, and it's a shame she's not official. bye!

***

I hurried to take Rin to the nurse's office, she didn't look terribly hurt, but I didn't want to take any chances.

"I can't believe she hurt you," I said under my breath.

"Well she did! I can't believe you were even being nice to someone as terrible as her!"

"Calm down Rin, she can't hurt you again, I won't let her."

She smiled, "Promise?"

"Of course."

"Okay, I believe you then!"

We arrived at the nurse's office, "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Rin got beat up..."

"Oh? I don't see anything much... I'm afraid I can't do anything for you."

"No biggie," Rin said, "Akita didn't hurt me too bad."

"Akita? Akita Neru?" the nurse asked, shocked.

"You know her?" I asked.

"Yes, well of her, at least. Used to see a lot of people come through here after fighting with her."

"See Len, she's a bad person."

"I wouldn't say that, she was only fighting bullies that were bothering her friend. The bullying stopped half way through the year, and she hasn't been in a fight since. Honestly, I'm surprised that she started fighting again."

"What friend was being bullied?"

"The only one that poor girl has, Yowane Haku, she graduated last year though. Neru really is a sweet girl for standing up for Haku..."

"Well she beat me up!" Rin yelled, upset that the nurse was taking Neru's side.

"Yes... I still have to wonder what really went on though."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Rin, calm down, I'm sure that she's not saying anything."

"No, not at all... Except for that the Neru I know wouldn't fight for a good reason."

"Well, how would you know? Akita doesn't let anyone get close to her!" Rin snapped.

The nurse laughed, "I never said I was close to her did I? I was close to Haku, she was always in here, until Neru came along. Then Neru started chasing away the bullies one by one, she was a good friend."

"Yes, because I'd totally want a friend who could kill me just because she lost her temper," Rin said sarcastically.

"Careful what you say there miss, Neru might not be very popular like you, but she is associated with Zatsune Miku and her crowd, and they don't take to being talked down upon."

"I wouldn't talk down on them if they weren't so full of themselves."

"Okay, well you two better get to class. I'm not here to chat about other students, I'll sign off on your tardy slips."

She gave us both a piece of paper, and sent us out of her office. I couldn't help but remember how she talked about Neru, as if she really cared about her. 'That Neru... She has so many people that care about her, but she won't let any of them in... I don't know any thing else other than the fact that... I want to help her. She must be lonely if she won't let any one close, and maybe if she just had one more friend, she'd learn to be less violent and more willing to trust in others...'