chapter 12 - Rin

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class. Everyone started getting up to leave.

"Will Kagamine Rin please stay behind today?" Mr. Note said.

I looked down at him, "S-sure."

Nero glanced my way, but didn't say anything. He left the room talking with Len.

'oh Len... I'm sorry, I really am.'

"So, you uh, wanted something?" I asked when everyone exited the room.

"Yes, I heard what happened between you and Akita yesterday."

My cheeks warmed uncomfortably; Nero might not had meant for Len to break up with me, but I had meant for Neru to get suspended.

"Oh, that," I said quietly.

"Yes, that. I've known Akita for quite some time, and I like to think that I'm even sort of close to her. I know that she didn't start that fight."

I looked at him, he had a gray ponytail that looked strangely like Len's, and his eyes were a shade of dark red. He looked familiar, but I couldn't tell where I've seen him before.

"You're right, she didn't start the fight. How did you know?"

"I already told you, I've known Akita for a while."

"Who are you?"

"I'm the older brother of her best friend."

I frowned, "Her best friend is... Yowane Haku?"

Mr. Note nodded silently, and I tried to think of what his actual name was.

"That would make you... Honne Dell, right?"

"Oh, so you do know who I am?"

"Why are you going by Mr. Note?"

"It's something someone like you wouldn't understand. When all you're known as is a failure, how can you teach anyone with that kind of reputation? Anyways, we're off topic."

"Oh... I'm planning on apologizing to her, I swear!"

"It better not happen again, I think of her as my younger sister as well, and so I will do something about your bullying next time. I don't care if I get fired."

Tears started slipping from my eyes, and I couldn't stop them. I collapsed onto the floor in sobs, and barely noticed when someone rushed inside.

"Dell! What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm Mr. Note, and I was telling her that I'm not okay with her bullying other students."

"Don't give that 'Mr. Note' to me, you've always been Dell, and you always will. Can't you see that she feels bad?"

I looked up, and wiped my tears away, Nero was standing in front of Mr. Note - no, Honne Dell. He looked extremely mad, but Honne just looked annoyed.

"Nero, this doesn't concern you."

"Yes it does. You might not stand for Rin bullying anyone, but I won't stand for you bullying Rin!"

"Get out and get to class."

"Not until you apologize to Rin!"

"Fine. I'm sorry that I threatened you. That doesn't mean that I take back my that though. If you hurt either Akita, you will be sorry."

I let out a shaky breath, "I won't hurt them!"

"Good," he said, softer, "now you better get to class."