chapter 11 - Nero

Len walked out, and the bell rang immediately afterwards. Zatsune was the first to leave, Teto following close behind. Akaito gave Kaito a quick, sad glance, and left without a word.

Rin sat down, crying, not bothering to make her next class on time. Miku and Luka leaned down next to her, whispering stuff to her. Gakupo and Kaito were having their own quiet discussion, and Neko96 had disappeared somewhere.

The first thing that came into my mind was to text Neru, but I changed my mind once I saw how truly heartbroken Rin was. I felt myself walking towards her without meaning to.

'Why does love have to be so complicated? First it was Wotamin, now Rin? Can't I ever fall for someone that I'm allowed to have? Clear stole Wotamin, and Rin is my sister's rival it seems.'

"Rin?"

She didn't look up, but Miku and Luka did. Miku frowned and gave me a look that could only be described as pure disgust, "What do you want?"

"I wanted to talk with Rin..."

"I'm sure you've done enough talking to Len for her too! I saw you over there."

"Well, is it my fault that she lied to him?"

"Rin-chan?" Miku asked, worried.

"G-go Miku, Luka... I'm okay, and you guys will be late."

"Okay, if you're sure."

Rin looked up and brushed away her tears. Her eyes were red and puffy, but she still managed to speak in a strong voice, "I'm sure."

Miku nodded and stood up slowly, Luka followed suit, and got up to leave as well. They made their way out of the room, but not before Miku could send another glare my way.

Kaito and Gakupo left next, noticing that Rin had sent their girlfriends out. They were still debating who knows what.

"W-what did you want?" Rin's voice was now shaky, she was tired and lost the strength to keep her voice steady.

By now we were the only two in the room, we were alone.

I hugged her tightly without thinking, and she recoiled.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm very sorry Rin!"

"And stop calling me Rin, you don't know me well enough!" she commanded.

"Y-yes Kagamine."

"Did you have something to say?" her voice grew softer, sadder.

"Just that I am very sorry. I know that you and Len were very close, and it wasn't my intention to have him break up with you!" I looked down at my feet.

"Then what was your intention?" she asked, her voice breaking.

"I just wanted him to know these it wasn't my sister's fault! She didn't deserve to be suspended or to be looked at like she was just someone that gets into fights!"

"What's so great about your sister?" Rin snapped.

I took a step back, but Rin was angry now. She stepped closer, "Answer me," she said.

"I don't understand your question."

"What's so great about her? It's an easy question to answer! Is she prettier than me? Nicer? I don't understand! Does she sing better than I do, does she have better style? Why is it everyone is so interested in Akita, but not me?"

"Oh... I get it," I whispered, "you're jealous."

"B-Baka! I am not jealous of some wanna be Miku! Now will you just answer the question?"