chapter 29 - Neru

Hey! Enjoy the chapter! :D

***

'What's taking her so long? Like seriously, how long does it take to bring someone back? Ugh.'

Growing frustrated and impatient, I leave the room and follow the stairs to the first floor. There I am met by two teenage girls. I froze, I'd never met them... But they were familiar. Then it hit me - one of them was wearing my signature side ponytail.

"What do you think you're doing wearing your hair like that? Who do you think you are?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," the other one said - the one who looked like Rin.

'I don't understand... who are these two, why are they in Len's house, and why do they look like me and Rin?'

"Who are you and why are you here?"

"We can ask the same of you, you know. You sure don't look like a Kagamine, so you don't live here."

In a hushed voice, the look-a-like-me said, "Anon, this must be Nero's sister, I think they said her name was-"

"How do you know Nero?"

"We met him while he was walking to school. He decided that he'd rather hang with us than go to school."

I laughed cruelly, "Why would he chose you over me? I mean, you're just a cheap copycat."

'A cheap copycat...'

...

"You're just a cheap copycat! Or didn't you know?"

"No I'm not!"

"Yeah, you are. You even sound like me! I bet that's how you make those videos, isn't it? You use my vocaloid! Maybe if you started wearing twin tails you'd fully reach the copycat status!"

"I'm not a copycat!"

"Stop lying to yourself. Everyone knows you are. If you mimicked me a bit better than you do, then you could have fooled the whole world."

"I'm my own person!"

"A copycat, that's what you are! Not even a good one at that!"

...

Miku's words came back to me as I said those words.

"A copycat? You've gotta kidding me, so you have any idea who we are?" The Rin-look-a-like, Anon, said.

"I honestly couldn't care less, all I wanna know is why you," I answered, pointing to my-look-a-like, "have felt the need to steal my hairstyle."

"Your hairstyle? I think you're mistaken."

"Don't act stupid, you know that the side ponytail is my signature hairstyle."

"Umm, no offense, but I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be able to pull it off with that short of hair."

"Shut up, you don't know anything!"

"Then please, enlighten us," Anon said, smiling.

"I cut my hair a few days ago, if you must know."

"Then what's the problem? We don't have the same hairstyle. Trust me, I'm glad. I'd hate to be copying someone so... rude."

The door opened and Rin came in with Nero. They both paused when they saw I was down here with them.

"O-oh, hi Akita," Rin said after a few minutes of awkward silence.