55

Chapter 55

"Hello, hello. My last name is Huang. Just call me Director Huang."

The person with his back to him turned around and said lightly.

"My last name is Qi."

"It turns out to be Comrade Qi," Director Huang said enthusiastically, pointing to the chair in the simple office, "Please sit down, please."

He took out the tea leaves that he had treasured for a long time and was reluctant to drink, brewed it and passed it over.

"Comrade Qi, you're welcome."

Qi Yangyan picked up the cup and took a sip, "Director Huang, you know the purpose of my visit this time. I want to get a real understanding of the basic situation of the farm."

"Okay," Director Huang observed Qi Yangyan, "Anyway, there's nothing to see here, let's go to the farm for a walk."

Qi Yangyan nodded.

"Comrade Qi, let's talk while we walk."

Although Director Huang didn't know why the other party came here to invest, since he was here, he would be sorry for his luck if he didn't squeeze some oil.

The weather was getting colder and colder, and the people on the farm put on thick jackets.

Qi Yangyan, who was wearing a suit and a black coat, seemed to be in a different time and space.

The surroundings were gray and white, with only a little green on the land.

"Comrade Qi, we are the largest farm base in the country, accounting for more than half of the country's cotton," Director Huang led Qi Yangyan to walk in front. In addition to the bodyguards he brought, there were also people from the farm and leaders of the county and city.

A large group of people walked out, which was eye-catching enough.

"The farm mainly produces cotton, red dates and some other crops," Director Huang said with a bitter face, "Those crops are just to maintain the operation of the farm, and there is no profit."

That's right, who can we sell these vegetables to?

The location of the farm is not very good, and transportation is the biggest problem.

Qi Yangyan raised his head and glanced around.

"Director Huang, do you mean that cotton is now the main economic pillar of the farm?"

"Yes."

The price of cotton is very high.

But the cost of harvesting cotton is also high. There are only two cotton harvesting machines in the entire farm. But the farm is so big, how can two machines be enough? It still depends on manpower.

In addition, there is also the core removal... This series of processes can only rely on manual labor.

Director Huang took Qi Yangyan for a walk and saw a group of people busy in the white cotton field. They kept picking cotton from the cotton plants with their hands, and they didn't even have time to wipe the sweat from their foreheads.

There were many women and children in the field.

When they saw someone coming, they all looked up curiously. Then they lowered their heads and picked cotton.

But they started chatting:

"What are these people doing here?"

"The leader is so imposing. What kind of clothes are he wearing? They look so expensive."