28

"I think you owe me at least a ride." The guy said coming up to my window and looked at my car. "Why were you even in a cab?"

"I don't owe you anything, and mind yours." I said putting my window back up, but at about halfway he stopped me.

"Look, I'm late as hell to this play, my suit is fucked up, I'm sweaty cause I just practically ran down here." And he wasn't lying, covered in coffee and drenched from top to bottom. I almost felt bad for him since I fucked his suit up so badly.

"Alright, get in the back."

"The back? Why can't I sit in the front?"

"Oh, you'll see in a minute. The raging bull hasn't made his way out yet, but you're gonna get it." I said shaking my head and hesitant thinking about what's going to happen the moment Josh comes out. "What's your name?"

"Ryan. And I know, I know. You're Liyah." He said and when I glanced at him through the mirror he looked pretty familiar. I lost focus when the doors flew open.

"Hi mommy!" Lily said as she got in the car, she had candy in one hand and a bear in the other. She was stuffing her face in candy, she didn't even pay attention to who the guy was.

"Hi baby, how was school?"

"It was good, we got cookies today." She said with a big smile on her face, looking like Josh. Sometimes I just wanted to hide her face, especially when I was mad at him.

"Who's this?" Josh said getting in the car, unlike Lily, he wasted no time in asking who was in the car.

"That's Ryan, my new coffee covered friend." I said laughing and pulled off into traffic. "The guy from the cab I was just telling you about."

"Oh, the 'attractive asshole'?" Josh said laughing at me and looking back at the guy. Before Josh could say anything else that might end with a riot in the car, I cut him off.

"Shut up Josh. So are you from here Ryan?"

"No I'm from Hollywood, but I'm living here for a while for my job, I've been here for about two years now."

"Wow that's nice, I never been on the west side yet. But I'm from Chicago, I been here since I started college." Since the theater was right down the street, it didn't take us long to get there. We pulled up and there was so many people screaming, holding up their phones and signs.

"Are all these people for you?"

"Yeah, I'm a director and an actor. I'm surprised you didn't recognize me but I haven't been in a movie in a few years, I been directing more. Thanks for the ride." He said as he got out, and people were screaming from each side of the ropes they had up. I knew I recognized him from somewhere, I just wasn't sure.

"Well then, let's leave before they recognize me or you." I said speeding off and driving back home. I was wondering why Josh was so quiet, it's because he was sleep, I looked back and so was Lily. I'm surprised he fell asleep, if he was awake I'd never hear the end of it right now. My day was so crazy, I was ready to jump into my fluffy bed and not come out until tomorrow.

****************************************

"Thanks for carrying her up here." I said looking at Josh as he laid Lily down on her bed. It was still early afternoon, but I was so tired from everything that it felt like midnight.

"Yup, when she wakes up tell her I love her."

"I will." Josh came to me and put his arms around me.

"I'm sorry Liyah." He said and I hugged him back. I was hesitant to forgive him but I wasn't going to, that wasn't for the best, I was tired of the back and forth bullshit with Josh.

"Okay." I said getting out of his hug and taking off my coat and boots.

"You accept my apology?"

"I don't, I'm not right now, I can't right now. I need time, I'm not forgiving you that easy, you didn't have to do me like that." I said sitting on the kitchen counter, I never got to really eat anything so I was starving. He walked over and stood between my legs and grabbed my hands.

"I know, I'm sorry. If I could've did it differently I would go back and do that. You know that I love you right?"

"Yeah I guess." I said moving my hands and staring him in the eyes, he had that look on like he was ready. I know if he could have his way he'd probably lay me right here on this counter. Sounds good, but I can't give in just yet. I laughed and started shaking my head.

"What's so funny?"

"I know what you're thinking."

"And I know what you're thinking, great minds think alike." He said laughing, placing his hands on my waist, and kissing the side of my neck. As always, my body was instantly heated by Josh's touch, and I hope I'm strong enough to stay sane.

"I can't." I said moving his hands and getting off the counter. "You know I can't do this, I haven't forgave you for what you did and I won't for a while."

"I know but damn Liyah. I apologized a lot of times." He said putting his hands over his face.

"And? That doesn't take it back."

"Then tell me what I'm supposed to do!" He said getting angry and screaming at me. I swear we have to throw in an arguement everytime we talk, he was just all over me 20 seconds ago.

"I don't know Josh, maybe give me some space! Let me just breath for a while please if you can cause the sight of you makes me sick at the moment!"

"Fine!"

"Where are you going?!"

"I'm leaving Liyah, you just told me too!" He slammed open the door and left, I don't really care if he was upset, I was upset too. I just didn't wanna see him right now, I was going to have a busy week at work, on top of that be annoyed and reminded of what Josh's dumbass did. I just needed this week to go smooth sailing. I went over to the door to close it but someone was on their way down the hall, it was the guy, Ryan from earlier. How did he find out where I lived?