27

"Okay." I said shaking my head and standing up. I could feel his eyes staring me down, he was probably shocked to hear I said that, I usually say it back but honestly he doesn't deserve it.

"Aren't you gonna say it back?" He said as the elevator started to move again, and it quickly made it's way to the main lobby. I stepped off and ignored Josh, and fixed my scarf and coat.

"Since I have the rest of the day off I'll pick up Lily." I said before I left out the door. Before I could get to far, I could see Josh trying to follow me out the building, so I thought quickly and signaled a cab. I jumped in and looked to my left since I heard the car door slam on the other side.

"Um, yeah you're gonna have to find another cab." I said fixing my scarf and looking up at the driver. I looked back out the window and seen Josh looking around to see if he could find where I might've went, at least he didn't see me get in the cab. "Around the corner please and into the garage of Frame."

"I have somewhere to be actually, so you will have to find yourself another cab. Make that the Broadway Theater please." The guy said looking at me and shaking his head. He was tall and brown skinned, with very light brown eyes. He was in a suit and carrying a briefcase, he looked like one of those arrogant business people who thought they ran New York, but he did look good though.

"Yeah those plays don't even fucking start until like an hour later, trust me. Been there and done that. To the garage and I'm not asking anymore."

"Yeah but if I don't make it there on time I could get in deep shit so no, to the theater."

"No, the garage first! Do you not know who I am?!" I screamed to him and we went back and forth, we were in traffic so it's not like the cab was even moving.

"Do you know who I am?!" He said raising his voice louder and grabbing his coffee. "And yeah, you're the girl from Frame with the football player baby father, everyone knows you right now." He said with a sarcastic tone and a large smirk on his face. I take back the fact that I said he was cute, attitudes can say a lot about a person, they make the most attractive people ugly as shit.

"Okay first off, fuck you. And no I don't, I don't plan on knowing you, I don't care anything about you, all I know is this cab is taking me where I have to go."

"Well looks like you're out of luck cause the cab isn't moving. So it's not taking neither of us anywhere. Unless you have the power to lift it up and give it wings then yeah, sure it'll take you where you need to go."

"You know what, take the cab." I said shaking my head and opening my door. Before I got out I had one last thing to do. "If or whenever you make it to your place, I hope you don't mind showing up a mess."

"What are you talking about?" I grabbed the coffee he had sitting in the cup holder and threw it right on him. It started to stain up his grey suit and he instantly started to jump, I'm guessing it wasn't cooled off. "What was that for?!"

"For being an ass." I said getting out the cab and speed walking my way around the corner. It took a while because of all the people walking around at the sametime, but I managed to get there. I got to my car and felt someone's arm grab mine from behind, I jumped cause whoever it was frightened me.

"Liyah." Josh said looking down at me and turning me around. "You have to forgive me. Or at least talk to me."

"I don't have to do anything Josh." I said getting in the car and locking the doors before he could race to the other side to get in, and pull something like last time when he was in my car, I didn't need that right now anyways.

"Let me go with you to get Lily then. She'll be happy to see me."

"Yeah, she's been asking about you. But that's all you're coming for. As soon as we get back to my place you're leaving." I said as I unlocked the door. I thought about Lily because she's been asking for Josh, but I'm not trying to forgive him for anything.

"Fine." He said getting in the car and turned on the radio blasting it on full volume.

"Really?" I said turning it down.

"Yeah really. Where did you go when you left? I didn't even see you."

"I was getting in a cab, to come around the corner to hopefully avoid you but apparently there's a dumbass in every direction I seem to go today. That includes you too by the way."

"Yeah I know I'm one, you make sure to remind me everyday."

"Bingo, you do know one thing about me." I said laughing and pulling out of the garage and out onto the street. "But besides you, there was an attractive asshole of a guy in the cab with me. We were fighting about who the cab was going to take where."

"Did you have to throw in the fact that he was 'attractive'? He probably wasn't nobody anyways." Josh said in his jealousy tone he always gets in when he's jealous. "You be thinking anything is attractive."

"I was attracted to you wasn't I?"

"Was? Really? I wouldn't want to get you started while you're actually driving. I know you wouldn't want me to either, but you know you wouldn't be able to stop it. Don't lie Liyah." He laughed and was looking at me, and I tried not to look back because I knew he was right.

"Shut up. And no don't start cause I'll cut you."

"I believe you, you're that mad at me you just might." I parked the car at Lily's daycare and I felt Josh lay his big self all the way over to my side of the car, and grabbing my face.

"You still mad at me?" He said looking at me with one of those puppy faces that makes anyone weak, his lips poked out and his eyes looking watery. He only did that with me cause he knew that was another weakness of mine whenever we would argue, and usually I would fall right into his trap but I can't this time, I held in what I know I wanted to do.

"I am and I will be, now go get Lily." I said with a sane face, hiding all emotion. He kissed my cheek before he got out, and I just sat there trying to collect myself. I laid my head down on the steering wheel, for a few seconds. "Ugh, Liyah you can do this." I said to myself letting out a deep breath. But as soon as I lifted my head, I seen that arrogant, guy from the cab again. I just knew this was about to be drama and a half, especially if he sees me, or if Josh comes out in time. He was standing right infront of my car to cross the street, but then he just so happened to see me.