24. Chapter

New York, United States
June

I watched him with a stony face unable to say a word. It was hard for me to see him after so many years. I thought I could handle it, but the opposite was true. We parted on very bad terms and I thought we would never meet again. I made sure no one found me.

Why was I so naive?

After all, it was clear that that day could come, but I believed that it would never happen.

And yet it happened.

Well, now facing my twin was somehow more difficult for me than I imagined.

"How did you find me?" I asked him when I found the strength to speak even though I didn't recognize my own voice.

"Actually, it was a coincidence," I swallowed, "less than a month ago, a certain photo was leaked. I didn't want to believe it at first, but it turned out to be true." the last time I saw him he looked different. Actually, there's nothing to be surprised about, since it was like that at least seven years ago and I wasn't having the best time then. He became a real guy.

"What photo?" he fixed his blue gaze on me and raised his eyebrows.

"You," I swallowed loudly again, "someone sent me your whole life, William Grey. I couldn't believe that my little brother was alive, but now that I'm standing here and seeing you alive and well.. you're far from corpses." I could feel the clear remorse in his voice.

I couldn't blame him, but it was my voluntary decision, within the scope of the possibility. I could no longer live the life I had led years ago.

"Why did you come?" I was more afraid of that question than the answer. It was clear why he came.

"I wanted to see for myself. No one believed you were alive. Everyone buried you seven years ago and so did I actually, but I prayed that you would come back to me. Why did you do that?" and I remained silent because I could not answer.

It was easier for me to throw away the life that was without her. But all this was not only related to her, but also to something completely different.

"You don't have anything to say to me?" he raised his eyebrows. I stood away from him without saying a word and watched him silently. I wasn't ready for this conversation, but what was left for me? He didn't look like he was going to just leave now.

"Fine, shut up and listen to me carefully, because I have so much on my mind, Moisés!" he pointed at me with his finger. "Can you even imagine what I felt and experienced all these years? Not only did you cut me off from your life like I meant nothing to you, but you let me live in the fact that you died, shit!" he stuck his finger into me and his eyes flashed with lightning. "Why? Why did you do that? Do you really hate me that much? Am I really such a threat to you?" how could he claim such a thing? Like I could hate my only brother, my twin?

Basically, Marcus or Lucas were also a threat.

But I learned to live without him. It's selfish, I know, but if only he knew that the entire death was taped. No one would believe it. He had to believe it so he could believe it.

"I never understood why you cut me out of your life even then and it hurt me so much. It broke my heart that you have been drifting further and further away from me since our mother's death. It was my mother too, Moisés! I felt the same pain as you!" honestly? The fact that Isabela died was even more painful and worse for me.

"You shouldn't have come here" I said and he laughed.

"Why? Don't you even care to explain it to me?" there is nothing to explain.

"I had to do it, or someone would actually do it!" he raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, Moisés."

"Moisés D'Angelo died eight years ago, my name is William Grey." my voice sounded cold.