90. Chapter

New York, United States
August

That day, I really needed to get out of my own house, because I knew that I was under the same roof with him. I couldn't even breathe properly with him, as if he was stealing all my air. I couldn't look at him without seeing her in his eyes. His presence made my insides spin.

I had absolutely no idea where to go, so I headed to my club, where I hadn't been in a long time. On the one hand, I was fine with it because I could at least check on him, but on the other, it didn't occur to me that it could go wrong like this and I'd end up drunk and pissed off using the services of my company.

I have cameras installed in my house, and when I heard their entire conversation, I lost my mind. I didn't really know what I was doing. The next day I smashed the whole office out of anger. I ran twenty kilometers in a fit of rage and almost choked and gagged.

Well, it didn't help.

I felt even worse.

I was getting really frustrated.

I needed a really cold shower, but even that didn't wash away the guilt weighing on my chest. I changed into a pair of clean sweatpants and entered the room when I felt a strange sensation. I looked around the room and a cool breeze tickled my body, shaking me. I was about to reach for my gun, but a woman's voice stopped me.

"Don't even bother," I heard the gun being loaded and I saw a figure in the corner by the open balcony, "pretty little things that can take anyone's life in a second. I've never liked guns. They're nasty tools." I tilted my head to the side.

"And yet you hold one in your hand," I growled.

"It stopped you, didn't it? It served its purpose." I squinted to see her face, but I couldn't make out who it was.

I knew for sure that she was an elderly woman.

"Do you know whose house you broke into?" I raised my head.

"If I wanted to, you'd be dead a long time ago, Moisés. That's not my goal." I stopped.

"Who are you?"

"Actually, it's not important at all. To be honest, I didn't expect that our paths would ever cross again. Sometimes I just forget how twisted fate can be."

"What do you want?"

"We want the same thing, William, but it doesn't matter now. Shannon is in great danger, if you don't save her, the consequences could be catastrophic." I was stabbed in the heart.

"What is it about?"

"You can't let her get on her side. Correct the mistake you made by your reckless behavior. There isn't much time left, so I'll leave this for you," she threw something on the bed, "you'll find all the answers there, but remember that under the light, there's the greatest darkness." she put the gun on the table and went to the open door from the terrace.

"Who are you?" I repeated.

"Let's just say that some people wish I were dead. This is not the last time we see each other, expect my arrival." and with those words she disappeared into the darkness.