47. Chapter

New York, United States
July

I closed my eyelids tightly and squeezed her hand. I kissed the back of her hand and watched her sleeping face. I caressed her wrinkled face and rested my forehead on her hand. I was terribly afraid for her, I was afraid for both of us. My head was working and at times I thought it was going to explode. The doctor entered the room, I stood up.

"Doctor, what's wrong with her? She's going to be okay, right?" The doctor walked over to her bed and was silent for a moment - looking at her chart and then at me.

"She's partly fine and partly not."

"I don't understand?"

"She is pregnant. Congratulations." I rolled my eyes and fell back into my chair.

"What?" I whispered and looked at her peaceful sleep.

"Her pregnancy can be quite risky and dangerous, both for the baby and for herself."

"Why? Is something going to happen to her?" I snapped as she sat up sharply.

"Where's Shannon? is he ok I want to go to her immediately! Where's Shannon!" she raised her voice.

"Miss Lacey, please calm down. You can't be alarmed in your condition."

"What are you talking about? About what state? Are you kidding me? I want to go see Shannon immediately!" I intertwined my fingers with hers.

"Matt, I want to go see her! Tell me it's okay. Say it!"

"I was so worried about you," I whispered. She pushed my hand away - I looked at the doctor worriedly.

"Let me go now! I'm going after her!"

"You can't go after her," I said.

"No-don't tell me that-that.." I shook my head.

"Lacey, you're pregnant," she laughed.

"What? What the hell are you talking about? I'm not pregnant!"

"You are in the fifth week," said the doctor.

"Stop making fun of me! That's absurd!"

"You must remain calm, Miss Lacey. You're probably going to have a difficult pregnancy and it's not good for your body." she stood up.

"I will not listen to your nonsense. I can find Shannon without your help."

"Lacey, stop being so stubborn! Your life is in danger, dammit! Listen to the doctor if you don't want to lose your life!" I got angry because I was really worried about her.

"Take me to her and then I'll listen to him," she said firmly. I rolled my eyes at her stubbornness.

"It's dangerous," the doctor said, but I knew he wasn't listening.

"I'm sick of it! I want to go get her, right now!" I grabbed her hand and held her so she wouldn't fall. Her body was still weak and well.. she was growing a baby. We left the hospital room and walked to the elevator we entered. In a few We walked along the corridor of her ward for a few minutes. I held her and looked after her. My mother was sitting on a chair with little Rose, who ran towards us when she saw us.

"Aunt Lacey, Aunt Lacey!" Theo!" all heads turned in our direction.

"Hello, princess," she wrapped her arms around her legs.

"For God's sake, Lacey, what happened to you?" Marcus, who I didn't like at all, ran up to her.

"My sister is sick, Aunt Lacey," Rose said. He looked at our joined hands and then at me. She shook my hand, which I returned. We walked around him and went to the others.

"Lacey, are you in-" she interrupted him.

"What's wrong with her? is he ok Will she survive?" she spewed out question after question.

"We don't know anything, Lacey," Charlie said.

"But he'll survive, won't he? Rebecca, you are a doctor. Say she'll live." She looked at her.

"I don't know, honey. The doctors haven't told us anything yet." and the door to the operating room suddenly opened.

"What's wrong with my daughter, doctor? Is he okay?" Charlie was the first to run to Dr. Charlie.

"Will he survive?" the man joined in, I guess William.

"The worst is over," I breathed and Lacey leaned into me. I placed a soft kiss in her hair.

"Can we see her, Doctor?" Charlie said.

"I'm sorry, but he needs rest. Come tomorrow," answered the doctor.

"Please, doctor, at least for a while," Charlie begged him.

"Five minutes," he nodded.

"Doctor, can you take a moment?" he nodded and he and Rebecca moved away.

"Lacey, can we talk?" the man said.

Did I say I don't like him? I don't like him!

"No," she let go of me and went to her door.

"Lacey!" he growled and I rolled my eyes.

"Leave her alone, she doesn't want to talk to you."

"I'm not talking to you. Lacey please." she turned and I narrowed my eyes. I picked up little Rose and we left.

"Titi, the nurse will be fine, right?" I crouched down to her and tucked my brown hair behind her ear. I kissed her forehead and smiled.

"A little one, of course it is. Our little sister is strong." she smiled and put her tiny hand to my face.

"I like you all very much," I smiled.

"We love you too, little one." I hugged her.

"Oh! It hurts, it hurts so bad!" I heard her scream. I took Rose in my arms and hurried to Lacey.

"Lacey you're bleeding!" I looked at her hospital gown that was covered in blood.

"Marcus," she whispered.

"Honey, what's the matter with you? can you hear me Lacey, baby!" she closed her eyes and would have fallen to the floor if it hadn't been for him.

"For God's sake, Lacey!" the mother ran with the doctor.

"Nurse, nurse!" shouted the doctor, and the nurses came with the bed on which he laid her.

"I'll stay with her, stay with Shannon," I told my mother and handed her Rose, who started to cry.

"Aunt, Lacey!" she cried tearfully.

"She'll be fine, little one, don't worry." I kissed her hair and followed her.

"Titi!"