52. Chapter

New York, United States
July

"I'm extremely glad that you enjoyed such a long vacation," I said on the phone and Marcus opened the door for me, I entered, "but she's already jumped. Leave you in the office within half an hour," I didn't wait for a reaction. and hang up the call. Marcus sat down in the chair next to Jamie and I turned to Alexey, "Did you find out for me?" I asked him and he nodded. I sat back in my chair and tiredly rubbed my face. I didn't even have time to think about my gloomy thoughts as he began to speak.

"My full name is Molly Majerick Gelbero," his words caught my full attention. I looked up at him with a frown and then turned my gaze to Marcus, "She is twenty-three years old and from the United Kingdom. Until she was eleven, she lived with her mother in England. After Carly Gelbero Majerick's death, she moved in with her father." finished his monologue and I was not at all satisfied with what I learned.

"How do you think you don't exist?" I heard Marcus' voice, but I was somewhere else because my thoughts were completely different.

"As if she died," I heard his voice.

How could such an ordinary girl come up with this when we made sure that the history of the Four was erased forever. Would that mean it's somehow connected? Nothing else made sense to me.

Then I ran out of his words - Molly Majerick Gelbero. Why didn't I know Ian had a daughter? Were they trying to hide and protect her from this world? That didn't sit well with me if he has this kind of information that the average person can't get unless they have a direct source. Her words honestly worried me. Ian put his trust in me...

Watch it for me. came his voice in my head. I thought he meant the documents, but no..

he meant his daughter.

But how was I supposed to protect his daughter, who probably hated me? I had to figure out the reason for her hatred and then explain everything to her step by step.

The door opened and Hunter walked in - a longtime friend and lawyer in one, "What's going on?" What was so urgent, William?" he asked when we greeted each other brotherly and he sat down next to Alexey. I turned the laptop to him and sold him the folder about the Four. He looked at me with such a frown.

"How did you get there? All documents and files should have been destroyed." I nodded because I thought the same yesterday.

"I expect you to explain it to me in some reasonable way," I said, "do you know Molly Majerick Gelbero?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Majerick's daughter?" I nodded. "I didn't know she had a daughter." he breathed out in surprise.

"Neither do we." I winked at Jamie and nodded briefly.

"What do you want to do?" Hunter asked.

"You and Dereck will watch her," I said and Marcus glared at me.

"Are you serious? What am I her babysitter?" I ignored his remark.

"What's your plan?" I turned my head to Jami.

"We have to catch Four." that was all I cared about now, no, it wasn't because of Molly. The honest reason was that the bastard was torturing her and he was going to make me pay for it. How could I hurt such an innocent and pure little girl?