Locker Room Connection

"Gotta say, bro. I wasn't expecting that," voiced Jimmy, gripping Jey's shoulder as if to guide him back to reality. "Guess Rhea and Condom are over," he added, a faint smile painting his lips, with shock written across his features. Jimmy was aware Jey wanted to attend Prom with Rhea; there had been endless times when he'd mentioned it, but it had always been in a wishful way. Now, however, it appeared that those wishful thoughts were becoming a reality, even more so when Rhea had just left the boy's locker room after asking Jey to prom, reversing the roles with a smile gracing her lips. Jey had been so taken aback he'd forgotten how to speak, and his confidence had abandoned him, leaving him a nervous, bumbling mess.

"You speak as if you were expecting Rhea to be the traditional girly girl type," Kevin commented from the opposite side of the lockers. "She's a Darkling; they don't do normal or boring," he added, Sami agreeing from his unseen spot near Kevin. "Dress your best, though; still got to impress her."

"I've already been added to their group chats; Demon plans on stalking all of us guys if we don't dress our best," replied Jey, looking up from his phone. A smile gracing his lips now, the Darklings worked fast. It had been minutes since he'd mumbled yes to Rhea's request. He was already part of the Mix-n-Match group chat and the Darklings one, although he assumed the Darklings was an honourary invite. "That's cute; JD and Becky are going together as the Irish Connection," commented Jey, suspecting, like many, that the date was nothing more than as friends.

"I thought the Man would go with Seth," voiced Roman, joining the others in the locker room. Neither had any planned subjects, just another free one, at least for the seniors. "Guess I didn't know them as well as I thought I did," he added with sorrow flooding his voice. Still down over being rejected by Seth and Dean, although he'd never voice it, he knew he deserved it. "Jesus," called Roman upon running into Dexter, the guy hidden in the shadowy corner, Bo across from him, seemingly channeling his brother with the creepy mask and bout of eery laughter.

"You two sure you're not Darklings?" asked Jimmy, popping his head around the lockers. "You sure do act like them, even if a little creepier," he added, curious if there was a connection between the Darklings and those known as the Wyatts. Both groups were similar yet different enough not to be mistaken for the other.

"Similar, not the same," Bo said, recalling the pact between the two groups created by Bray and Finn. The students considered regular had plenty of social groups to choose from; now, with the pact made, those considered darker or outcasts had a choice, too. "We help each other out," he added, recalling Cross being the one to float between the two groups, helping to connect them further.

"How?" asked Dominik upon entering through the back door, shivering slightly from the eery feeling washing over him and the blast from the air conditioner above the door.

"Doesn't matter," replied Dexter, glaring at Dominik. "Although Roman's a fool if he thinks some of the family haven't already caught on to Serenity's sympathy act," he added, turning his attention to the Samoan in time to see the uncertainty in his eyes, as well as confusion clouding them shortly after as if he was unsure who "the Family" referenced.

"He got bigger fish to fry now," Jimmy smirked. "He gotta tell his mama he got his girlfriend pregnant and what his dumbass did to get excluded," he added, knowing that task alone would be a difficult one; Mama Reigns was known to be strict with all her children, lousy behavior wouldn't be taken lightly, especially when it had a significant impact on the future. "As for the attempted mind games with the family, he's already shown them his hand. He's just too dumb to realize it."

"I'm not playing mind games with anyone. There's no point," sighed Roman, throwing his gym bag into his locker before stamping off toward the bathroom. Incoherent, mumbled words escaped his lips as he went. "Serenity's going dress shopping with the mix-n-match girls, no games involved, just normal girl stuff with friends," he added as he returned, almost as if he was talking to himself rather than those in the locker room.