Capítulo sem título 157

Phil walked through the empty streets that he had grown familiar to as he approached his home and neighborhood. Of course, it wasn't always this empty. Rather, it was empty because he was currently walking home in the dead of the night. And, well, when you didn't live in the busy big city, there really wasn't much to the night that didn't involve sleeping or staying at home. There wasn't even any sort of traffic in that part of town at this hour.

Phil, a young, 25-year old man at the prime of his health and youth, did not mind this silence and lonely atmosphere, however. He had had a very busy day, after all, and he was all too eager to get home and really appreciate some quiet. Of course, first he would have to actually get home.

Even if he was in a bit of a hurry to get home, Phil could at least inwardly appreciate the night. It was a calm, peaceful one, after all, the moon shining beautifully through the few grey clouds in the sky covering it. The weather was perfect, not too hot or cold, the perfect night for a stroll...if he were into that sort of thing and not already a bit tired from earlier. Phil, however, knew that he shouldn't dilly dally too much, as it was already very late and he really needed to get home. The brown-haired, blue-eyed man stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hoodie as a chill passed by.

Not that the day wasn't awful, in fact, he had had a lot of fun today. Who'd believe him when he told them he'd spent the whole day in the countryside horseback riding? It'd definitely be something to talk about, at the very least, for sure.

He might want to leave out the part where one of the guys had dared him to try out one of the sugar cubes. Or the part where he maaay have provoked one of the horses a bit too much and it had decided to give him a nip. That was very...unpleasant, to say the least, especially when they wouldn't shut up about it on the ride back home. He even still had the scars to prove it! Rather, it was more of a mark on his fingers than a scar, but even then it was proof enough of what happened. It was enough that he had declined their offer to drive him back home and had opted to walk instead.

Yeah, he'd definitely leave those parts out when he told others about today. He chanced a glance up at the night sky and grumbled. "Meh...it's getting pretty late..." He shrugged his shoulders and quickened his power walk, more than looking forward to getting home and passing out on the bed--maybe even the couch would do. Still, Phil just couldn't shake the feeling that there was something special about tonight in particular. That feeling remained, and it only bothered him more when he couldn't quite figure it out.

It was then that an odd feeling hit the man as he walked along the sidewalk, causing him to stop as he found himself looking up and staring at the full moon, the clouds parting to reveal its white glow to him. "Wha-" he asked, before slouching over as a hand went to his head, a sharp pain travelling through his body.

"Ung... what is...?" he muttered as he shook his head. His hand seemed to swell as he held his head with it, bulking up visibly as his nails began to push outwards and sharpen. It didn't take long, especially as the bones in his hand seemed to audibly shift and crack, for him to realize there was something happening to his hand. He quickly pulled it away and stared at the limb in shock as it transformed in front of his very eyes.

His nails were now fully white, curving into sharp points as his fingers fattened into thick, powerful digits, the palm of his hand fattening with cushioned padding and muscle. "Gah!" he yelled in shock, stumbling back as he stared at his alien hand. He raised up his other hand to see similar changes happening to it, as both limbs seemed to discolor. His white skin turned yellow and seemed to harden, the hair of his arms simply falling away as the yellow, hard skin took over. Phil could only stare in shock at his increasingly animalistic hands. He felt several pricks on his head as his hair seemed to grow--and even though he couldn't see it, his brown strands began to lose their color, turning white from the tips and travelling down to the base of his head.