Capítulo sem título 166

Are you a story writer? Do you write stories about the real world, or about fiction? If you answered fiction, do you ever wonder whether or not one of your stories could come true?

That is precisely what happened to me. I finally was given the chance to turn my greatest desire into a reality.

It would be fair of me to say that my stories, of fiction, finally collided with reality, and the result forever changed both me, and my life, in ways I had never imagined.

My name is Drake Starfire, and this is my story.

Up until a year ago, I was just your ordinary, average human being. My name, back then, was Charlie Lucas, and I was living the life of an ordinary 21-year-old.

Nothing about me seemed out of the ordinary. A fairly muscular build, with thick, dirty blonde hair slicked back, dark brown eyes, and an unconcerned expression.

My typical clothes were runners, bluejeans, and a plain black t-shirt.

However, three things that set me apart from other people, that made me, as I put it, "abnormal", were my 'scissor gait', the scar on my stomach, and the shortened middle finger on my right hand.

My gait was the result of a disorder called cerebral palsy, or 'CP' for short, which I'd been born with as a result of a premature birth. The disorder affects muscle tone.

The scar was the result of an operation I'd had to have when quite young, for a shunt, which is a plastic tube that works by draining excess fluid out of my brain.

Lastly, my shortened middle finger was the result of a bad accident I'd had when just five years old. But due to being so young, I couldn't remember it.

From my dad's recollection, my brother had accidentally slammed the door on my hand, crushing and destroying my fingertip. This in turn triggered a bad nail-biting habit that I managed to finally kick after over 20 years.

So that was me; aside from those quirks, I was just your average Joe.

I had been a story writer for close to 20 years by now, and loved to write fiction. I don't know why, but that's the genre that seemed to 'ring' with me.

Ever since watching the movie Dragonheart when I was young, I'd had a fascination with dragons.

I loved their powerful forms; the gigantic, powerful wings, the muscular, graceful body, the lethal talons, and the spiked/clubbed tails.

Everything about those mythical beasts was awesome.

Of course, I knew well that not all dragons were handsome or good-natured. Some indeed were big, lumbering brutes with beastly tendencies; some classic examples being Smaug from the story 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien, or Narissa from "Enchanted".

But, many people chose to portray all dragons as such. And to me it just seemed wrong.

Some good dragons(that I knew of) included Saphira from 'Eragon', as well as Eustace from "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", although he'd been a human boy turned into a dragon by his own greed.

One of the most famous, however, was Draco, from 'Dragonheart'. His decision to let his human friend Bowen end Draco's life was always saddening, but I understood that Draco had wanted it in order to stop the tyrannical king Einon from reigning forever.

However, Draco's soul being freed and sent to the stars of his namesake constellation always instilled in me a sense of hope.

Anyway, after watching the movie, those were my precise thoughts as I lazed on the living room couch.