his master ..

***Author's pov***

Valeria’s heart pounded in her chest, her breathing heavy from the intensity of the battle. She watched Ancalagon, the mighty dragon who had tried to kill her just moments before. His eyes were still fierce, but there was a new glimmer in them—something beyond rage or pride. Slowly, she took a step forward, then another, until she stood directly before his massive head.

Valeria spoke softly, almost to herself
“You know me, don’t you? You see something in me… something more than just a stranger.”

She reached out, her fingers trembling slightly as they brushed against the dragon’s rough scales. The moment her hand touched him, a sudden wave of dizziness swept over her. The world around her blurred and spun, and she gasped as images flooded her mind—memories, not of this life, but of another.

In her mind’s eye, Valeria saw herself, yet not herself. She was a woman of regal bearing, with long flowing hair the color of midnight and eyes that held the universe’s depths. She was riding atop Ancalagon, soaring through the skies with effortless grace. She felt the rush of wind, the power of the dragon beneath her, and the connection between them, as if their souls were one.

Voice in her mind a faint, echoing
“Eleonora… no, Azura… Azura Nephthys…”

Valeria’s breath hitched. The name resonated deep within her, stirring something ancient and powerful. She saw flashes of another life, another world, where she was not just a queen but the Dark Queen, ruling by Zelerious’s side. The dragon beneath her had been her loyal guardian, her companion in countless battles, their bond forged in the fires of the universe’s creation.

The vision shifted, showing Zelerious, his eyes burning with passion and power, holding her hand, their fingers entwined. She felt the depth of his love, the weight of his longing. And then, betrayal—the anguish of a curse, the shattering of a bond, the darkness that swallowed them both.

Valeria whispered  as the memories faded, back in the present  “Azura Nephthys… I was you. I was his queen…”

Ancalagon’s golden eyes softened as he watched her. He knew. He had known all along. Slowly, the mighty dragon lowered his head, bowing before her, a gesture of submission and respect. The bow was not just a sign of acknowledgment; it was a sign of loyalty, an oath renewed across the ages.

Ancalagon , in a deep, rumbling voice that echoed in Valeria’s mind  “You are my queen, reborn. Azura, Elanora, Valeria—your essence is eternal. I serve you now as I served you then.”

Valeria’s eyes filled with unshed tears, the weight of the revelation settling into her heart. The dragon’s acknowledgment affirmed what she had felt deep within, even without understanding it fully. She was not just Valeria, a woman caught in the chaos of destiny. She was Azura Nephthys, the Dark Queen, mate to Zelerious, bound by fate to the elemental kings, and the rightful wielder of the Destroyer.

Emilia approached  quietly, a gentle smile on her face  “Now you know who you are, Valeria. You are more than just a woman with power. You are a queen reborn, and your past is a part of you. The path forward is yours to choose, but you have allies, ancient and powerful, who will stand by your side.”

Valeria nodded, feeling a new sense of purpose fill her. The darkness and the light within her coexisted, and she knew she had the strength to embrace both. She stroked Ancalagon’s head, the bond between them reformed, a promise renewed.

Valeria spoke  to Ancalagon and Emilia, her voice firm and resolute “Let’s go. There are answers I need, truths to uncover. And when the time comes, I will face Zelerious and the elemental kings. Not as a pawn in their game, but as a queen in my own right.”

”