*this message ends here! *

***author's pov***

Alexander swiftly activated the mind link, his thoughts urgent and sharp.

"Brothers, come to me now. This is important. Valeria is in danger."

His words echoed in the minds of Asher, Kian, and Jerone. Alexander’s breath quickened as he kept a close eye on the guards, who were still oblivious to his presence.

Within moments, he felt the responses of his brothers, their concern and tension flowing back through the link. He couldn’t wait any longer—Zelerious had made his move, and they had to act before Valeria was taken from them.

As he stood there, the guards still speaking in hushed voices, Alexander’s mind raced with how they would handle the situation. Would they confront the traitors directly? Or was a more calculated approach necessary to ensure Zelerious couldn’t strike first?

Kian and Asher rushed in, their footsteps echoing softly through the hallway. They stopped beside Alexander, both instantly sensing the tension in the air. Alexander’s gaze was fixed on the two guards, their pale eyes a clear sign of their allegiance to Zelerious.

Kian narrowed his eyes. “What’s going on?” he whispered.

Alexander motioned toward the guards. “They’re planning to inform Zelerious about Valeria. They’re traitors.”

Asher clenched his fists, his jaw tightening. “We can’t let them do that. If Zelerious finds out she’s weak after Jerone’s rejection, he’ll make his move.”

Kian nodded in agreement, glancing between his brothers. “What’s the plan? Confront them now or follow them to see if there are more traitors?”

Alexander’s eyes flickered with a dangerous edge. “We need to find out how deep this betrayal runs. But we can’t let them get too far. If they report to Zelerious, we’ll be putting Valeria in even more danger.”

Kian and Asher arrived, urgency etched across their faces.

“What’s going on exactly?” Kian asked, eyes narrowed as he scanned the corridor for any signs of danger.

Asher moved closer, lowering his voice. “You said Valeria is in danger. What did you hear?”

Alexander gestured toward the guards, who were still discussing their plans. “They’re planning to inform Zelerious about her arrival. We can’t let that happen.”

Kian clenched his fists, frustration boiling beneath the surface. “We need to confront them and find out more. They can’t be allowed to reach Zelerious.”

Asher nodded, determination glimmering in his eyes. “Let’s take them down quietly and gather information first. We can’t risk alerting anyone else.”

Alexander agreed, feeling the weight of their connection to Valeria pressing on his heart. “We need to act fast. If Zelerious gets to her before we do, it could be catastrophic.”

They exchanged quick nods and slipped into the shadows, ready to confront the guards and uncover Zelerious’s plans.

The guards moved cautiously, their white eyes gleaming eerily as they made their way toward the exit of the castle. Their steps were slow but deliberate, as though they were waiting for the perfect moment to slip away unnoticed.

Alexander, Kian, and Asher followed silently, blending into the shadows. Every now and then, the guards exchanged hushed words, further confirming their intent to report Valeria’s whereabouts to Zelerious.

As they neared the grand castle doors, Alexander motioned to his brothers. "We need to stop them before they get outside."

Kian nodded, his eyes glowing with intensity. “I’ll take the one on the left.”

Asher smirked slightly. “I’ve got the other. Let’s make this quick.”

Before the guards could reach the exit, Kian and Asher moved swiftly, blocking their path. Alexander stepped forward, his voice calm but filled with authority.

"Going somewhere?" he asked.

The guards froze, their glowing eyes flickering as they realized they were cornered.

The guards stood unnervingly still, their glowing white eyes fixed on Alexander without a hint of fear or hesitation. It was clear they were under some powerful hypnosis, completely detached from their own will.

Alexander narrowed his eyes, realizing this was no ordinary enchantment. "They're not themselves," he muttered to Kian and Asher.

Kian stepped closer, his voice low but firm. "Who did this to you? Speak."

One of the guards tilted his head slightly, but no words came. Instead, a low, hollow voice, devoid of emotion, spoke in unison from both guards. "The queen will rise. The dragon will return. She belongs to him."

Asher clenched his fists, trying to keep his temper in check. "They're talking about Zelerious," he said, frustration evident in his tone.

Alexander nodded grimly. "We need to break this spell before they reveal anything more to him. But first, we need answers."

The guards' hollow voices echoed once more, speaking in eerie unison, "He said he warned you all, kings, by sending us."

Alexander's eyes darkened, his anger rising. "Warned us?" he spat. "What kind of warning is this? Spying on us?"

Kian stepped forward, tension radiating from him. "This isn’t just a warning. It’s a message. Zelerious knows we're vulnerable, and he’s getting bolder."

Asher's eyes flickered with frustration. "He’s trying to claim Valeria, isn’t he?"

The guards, still expressionless, responded, "The queen is his. She will be his once more. You cannot stop the return."

Alexander’s patience snapped. "Enough!" His voice roared through the hall, and with a swift motion, he summoned his power, forcing the guards to their knees.

"This message ends here."