THE MAZICAL MOUNTAIN

***author's pov***

The four kings moved swiftly through the dense forest that bordered the northern reaches, their footsteps light on the forest floor. The path ahead led them to them Dikryuf Mountain, a place whispered about in ancient tales—a mystical mountain that held secrets only the most powerful beings dared to uncover.

As they emerged from the cover of the trees, the towering presence of the mountain came into view. It loomed against the horizon, a monolithic structure that seemed to touch the sky. But what struck the kings the most was its shifting colors. At first glance, the mountain appeared to be a soft shade of pink, almost gentle in its hue. But as they moved closer, the pink began to bleed into a deep, rich purple, swirling and blending as if the mountain itself was alive, breathing with the rhythm of the universe.

“The stories were true,”Kian Zester murmured, his eyes reflecting the shifting colors. His water-blue gaze was filled with wonder, taking in the ethereal sight before them. “Dikryuf Mountain… the Witch Mountain. It’s more than just a legend.”

Asher Ihor, always the pragmatic one, grunted in agreement. “It’s a place of ancient power,” he said, his deep voice resonating through the group. “Witch magic runs deep here. The mountain responds to those who approach it, sensing their intent.”

Jerone Kyle, his icy demeanor momentarily softened by the beauty before them, nodded. His breath misted in the cool air, mingling with the mountain’s magic. “It’s like a warning,” Jerone said, his voice quieter, almost reverent. “As if it knows we’re coming and it’s testing us, measuring our strength.”

Alexander Knox, ever the leader, stepped forward, his fiery red hair catching the light of the fading sun. **“We don’t have time to marvel,”** he said firmly, though his eyes also reflected the swirling colors. “Emilia’s coven lies beyond this mountain. We need to get to Valeria before it’s too late.”

As they moved closer, the mountain’s transformation became even more pronounced

As they moved closer, the mountain’s transformation became even more pronounced. The deep purple hues gave way to a brilliant crystal-like structure, the entire surface of the mountain sparkling as if embedded with countless gems. Light refracted from the crystalline surface, casting rainbows across the sky. It was a sight both beautiful and otherworldly, a testament to the mountain’s ancient magic.

“Crystal,” Kian noted, touching the surface of the mountain. It felt cool to the touch, humming with energy beneath his fingertips. “It’s alive with magic. This place is more than just a barrier; it’s a guardian.”

Alexander turned to face the mountain fully, his eyes narrowing with determination. “Then we need to be careful,” he said. “If the mountain senses we mean harm, it could turn against us. We move as one, with purpose and respect. We’re here to protect Valeria, not to wage war.

The kings nodded in agreement, each one focusing on the task ahead. As they stepped closer, the mountain’s colors shifted once more, from crystal to a deep, shadowy indigo, almost as if it was absorbing the darkness of the approaching night. It was a sign—a warning, perhaps, that they were nearing the heart of the mountain’s magic.

The path before them began to change, too, no longer a simple trail but a series of winding, intricate patterns etched into the mountain’s surface

The path before them began to change, too, no longer a simple trail but a series of winding, intricate patterns etched into the mountain’s surface. It was a maze designed to confuse and deter intruders, a challenge set by the witches of old. But the kings were undeterred. With their powers combined, they could feel the subtle vibrations of the mountain’s magic, guiding them through the labyrinth.

“We’re getting closer,” Asher muttered, his senses attuned to the earth beneath his feet. “I can feel it. The mountain is leading us… testing us.”

“Let it test us,” Alexander said, his eyes blazing with fire. “We’re here to find Valeria, and nothing—not even this mountain—will stop us."

The mountain loomed higher as they climbed, its colors shifting in response to their presence. Each step brought them closer to Emilia’s coven, to the answers they sought, and to Valeria. The air around them thrummed with magic, alive with the ancient power of the mountain. And as they moved forward, the kings knew one thing for certain: they were not alone. The mountain was watching, and so were the forces that lay within.