THE WATER PORTAL*

***author's pov***

As Kian stepped forward, the air shimmered around the portal, the water element swirling in shades of blue and green. The sound of flowing water echoed, and a soft mist enveloped them, creating a serene yet powerful atmosphere.

“Stay alert,” Kian warned, sensing the change in energy. He could feel the pulse of the water element, its strength both calming and intimidating. As he stepped closer, the surface of the portal rippled, revealing a vast ocean beyond, the waves crashing rhythmically against the shore.

The others followed, their senses heightened. Alexander could feel the dampness in the air, the way it clung to his skin, while Asher and Jerone flanked Kian, ready for anything. The moment they crossed the threshold, the serene scene morphed into a stormy sea, dark clouds swirling above them and waves rising dangerously high.

“Welcome to the trial of water,” a voice boomed from the depths of the portal. It belonged to a towering figure, the Water Guardian, with skin that shimmered like the surface of a lake and hair that flowed like cascading waterfalls. Its eyes were a deep blue, reflecting the depths of the ocean.

“Only those who can master the ebb and flow of water may pass,” the guardian declared, summoning torrents of water that twisted and turned around them. “Show me your resolve!”

Kian felt a surge of confidence but also pressure. This was his element. “I can do this,” he muttered under his breath. He focused on the swirling waters, drawing strength from within. “I won’t let you down, Valeria,” he whispered, determination filling his heart.

The Water Guardian unleashed a wave, crashing down toward them. Kian raised his hands, channeling the water around him to create a barrier. The impact was tremendous, sending sprays of water into the air, but he held firm, focusing on the flow rather than resisting it.

“Use the rhythm of the waves!” Asher shouted, recalling their training. “Trust your instincts!”

Kian nodded, allowing himself to become one with the water. He felt the currents, the way they shifted and swirled, and began to move with them. The waves became an extension of himself, and he guided them, redirecting the force of the water.

With each wave the guardian sent, Kian countered with an equal force, his movements fluid and graceful. He could feel the connection growing stronger, the water responding to his will. As he moved, he directed jets of water toward the guardian, attempting to find an opening.

But the Water Guardian was formidable. It countered every attack with precision, summoning whirlpools and crashing waves that challenged Kian’s control. Just as Kian felt himself faltering, he remembered the bond he shared with his brothers and Valeria. Drawing on their strength, he amplified his abilities, pushing through the fatigue.

“Keep it steady!” Jerone encouraged, his eyes locked on Kian’s movements. “You’re the water master!”

With a deep breath, Kian summoned all his energy, creating a massive tidal wave that surged toward the guardian. “This ends now!” he shouted, unleashing the wave with all his might.

The Water Guardian, caught off guard by the sheer force, staggered as the wave crashed against it. For a moment, the tides shifted, and Kian seized the opportunity. He lunged forward, harnessing the water to form a spear, aimed directly at the guardian’s core.

“I will protect Valeria!” he declared, thrusting the spear with all his strength.

The guardian’s eyes widened in surprise as the spear pierced through the water, striking true. With a roar, the guardian vanished in a burst of shimmering water, and the storm calmed. The ocean transformed into a serene expanse, the clouds parting to reveal a bright sky.

Kian stood triumphant, panting heavily but filled with elation. He turned to his brothers, who rushed to his side.

“You did it!” Alexander exclaimed, clapping Kian on the back. “Your control was incredible!”

“Thanks,” Kian replied, still catching his breath. “We need to keep moving. There’s still two more portals. ”

As they gathered their strength, the calm waters shimmered, revealing the path ahead. Kian’s heart raced with anticipation. They would find Valeria, no matter what trials lay before them. Together, they stepped forward into the next challenge, ready to face the unknown.