Chapter 13: Tidying Up

The situation before him shocked Leon. He didn't expect the dungeon to be this difficult. Looking at the four people in front of him, Leon felt a little embarrassed.

The hunter, who was dealing with his pet, saw Leon's expression and understood what he was thinking. He smiled and said, "Don't worry, this is a dungeon, a place where you fight for your life. This boss is actually simple; it only has petrifying gaze and a large number of minions. Other than that, there's not much to worry about. As long as we can kill its minions quickly, it's actually very easy."

"The bosses that come later won't have such large-scale battles, but the danger level will increase significantly."

The thief who had just been resurrected came over and patted Leon on the shoulder, saying, "Hurry up and deal with these corpses. Once you've tidied up the place, we can set up camp and rest. There's a big battle waiting for us tomorrow."

Leon turned his head and saw that the mercenaries were already busy with their own tasks, seemingly unconcerned with the recent battle.

Leon nodded inwardly at this moment. He realized that although he was somewhat of a genius at school, he was still far behind these mercenaries, at least in terms of mentality. The things he learned and thought about in school were too idealistic. Even when acting as bait, he was still vastly inferior to them.

After adjusting his mindset, Leon quickly began to deal with the pile of corpses.

He first carefully counted the number of wolves that died in the final battle. Excluding the largest boss, there were 137 corpses of varying sizes.

Among them, three wolf corpses were clearly different from the others. It was obvious that they were on the verge of becoming bosses themselves.

The rest of the over 100 corpses were too strong for Leon to handle at his current level. Normally, even facing one of them, he would only act as bait, luring them to a spot where stronger people could deal with them.

But now, these over 100 corpses were lying in front of him, left for him to handle as he saw fit. Whatever he could find among the bodies was his. The stark contrast in the situation made Leon feel a bit overwhelmed.

Fortunately, Leon's mentality was decent, and with his recent insights, he only glanced at the corpses before getting to work.

The wolf corpses were no different from the other corpses he had dealt with before. For Leon, the most important parts were the skulls with fangs, the bloodied eyes, and the hearts that symbolized the source of strength.

After collecting these parts, Leon turned to skinning the wolves and handling their meat, bones, and organs.

During the process, he occasionally found small items, mostly Lv1 gray and white gear, ranging from weapons to armor. These might not mean much to a Lv1 player, but for a rookie like Leon, any piece was better than what he currently had.

Leon didn't put these items away but placed them to the side. At this moment, he had in front of him a short sword only as long as his arm and a shield made from wolf skin and bones.

These two items were both dropped by the boss wolf. The short sword seemed to be made from the boss wolf's tailbone, and the shield was made from the entire wolf's face.

[Lizard Wolf King's Severed Tail (Chain Sword)]

[Quality: Lv1 (Blue)]

[Attack: 5-10]