Chapter 16: Battle Thoughts and Reflections

Seeing the Squad kill the murloc BOSS, Leon, who was still on the high cliff platform, had no intention of going down to join them.

At this moment, Leon was sitting on the high platform, recalling every detail of the previous battle.

From the battle just now, it was clear that the murloc BOSS's strength far surpassed the combined power of the four of them. As long as there was even the slightest misstep in their coordination, or any small mistake, the murloc BOSS could have easily taken all their lives.

However, the Squad managed to pull through by relying on an unexpected level of coordination. During the fight, everyone exhibited abilities that went beyond their class or the standard roles expected in this dungeon.

For instance, the thief had completely taken on the role of the main tank in this battle. All of the murloc BOSS's attacks on the platform were drawn to him, and he managed to dodge them one by one.

The druid, on the other hand, acted as the underwater DPS. Without his full-force attacks, relying solely on the attacks from the platform would have made it impossible to tell how long this battle would have dragged on.

As for the hunter and the shaman, they both demonstrated their abilities as well. Many of the murloc BOSS's attacks were preemptively disrupted by the hunter's arrows.

Meanwhile, the shaman played a key role in both defense and control at the critical moments. He performed to the absolute limits of normal capability, especially with the full-scale platform defense. If it hadn't been for him, the murloc BOSS might have turned the tide during its berserk phase.

From the coordination of these four, it was evident that while a lone wolf might survive easily in the game's open world, teamwork was essential in a dungeon like this.

Each player must have a specific role. The "jack of all trades" approach was not feasible, at least not in the early stages when a player's power was still low. Each person must make choices based on their profession and specialization.

While Leon was pondering these things, the thief had already approached the platform nearby. He stood at the edge of the cliff, looking at Leon, smiling as he asked, "What's the matter? Afraid to come down? We've cleared all the monsters along the way, so you won't run into any enemies if you come down."

"No." Leon shook his head and stood up. "I'm thinking about the path ahead. No matter what, I can't solo dungeons in the beginning. So, when I cooperate with my teammates, I need to consider what role I should take. It's something that requires thought."

The thief laughed heartily. "You're overthinking it. Your role isn't something you choose; it's determined by the class you pick at Lv1. Thinking about it now is just overcomplicating things. Besides, overthinking it might influence your class selection later, and that could lead to some negative effects."

As they talked, the two descended the cliff. Since there were no monsters to block their way, they quickly entered the murloc village.