Chapter 19: The Final Stretch

After the first wave of bubbles ended, the shaman quickly approached Leon, calming his emotions and breath while asking, "How are you doing? Can you still keep up?"

"The first two waves were fine, but the third one was a bit tricky. The speed suddenly increased, and my attributes couldn't quite keep up," Leon replied earnestly.

"This is just the beginning. There will only be 330 bubbles next time, but the variations will increase to six waves. The first three waves will be like now, but the fourth will speed up, the fifth will have bubbles colliding with each other, and the sixth will automatically split into three smaller bubbles," the shaman explained quickly.

"If you really can't dodge, come over to me, but I can't block everything for you, and your presence will affect my dodging. So only come if absolutely necessary."

Leon nodded, understanding the importance of support in a dungeon. If the Squad or thiefs were in trouble, it might not be a big deal, but if the shaman went down, their battle would be over.

The second round of bubbles started soon after. Just as the shaman had said, there were fewer bubbles but they were harder to deal with. Although there was more space to dodge, Leon's movements became more dangerous. Fortunately, with a bit of luck and the training he'd gained from acting as bait, he survived without major issues.

The third wave of bubbles consisted of only 110, and the first six waves were identical to the previous round. However, the last three waves were entirely different. During the seventh wave, the bubbles began splitting infinitely when they collided.

Once split, the bubbles changed color. The blue ones emitted a chilling cold, while the green ones looked poisonous, and Leon was certain that even the druids couldn't handle being touched by them.

The most terrifying part was that when the colored bubbles collided again or bounced off the ground, they wouldn't fall down but instead floated slowly toward the nearest player.