Chapter 52: Leon's Harvest

As everyone headed towards the main laboratory, Victor found Leon and quietly said, "I gathered some information. Out of the twenty-one synthesis directions, Azrak Nightshade has one successful case, which is Azrak Nightshade combined with Veridian Shardglass."

Leon had spent quite a bit of time with Victor and understood his thoughts. He nodded and said, "I don't like Veridian Shardglass. I might check out the Azrak Nightshade and Greenvine laboratory. Of course, if Senior Victor is going to a place with a successful case, then how about the remaining Azrak Nightshade area being all mine?"

"No problem."

After Victor agreed, Leon didn't say much more and followed the group, arriving at the location of the main laboratory.

Actually, after five days here, Leon had already grasped the general situation of this ancient experimental site. Although it was still operational, many functions had already ceased. Aside from some key areas still guarded, most of the security was no longer effective.

Despite the many areas that required various permissions, as long as one didn't venture into places guarded by sentinels, there was no real danger.

Not only Leon but others had also realized this over the past few days. Besides the main laboratory, they had been to most places, and their ambitions had grown, as had their courage.

This time, after reaching the main laboratory, they quickly dispersed, heading towards the laboratories they had chosen.

Judging by their movements, they had completely forgotten that there were still sentinels in these places.

Leon, however, remained cautious. He advanced using the methods he had learned at school, moving through shadows or corners. Even though he was close to his destination, he was still extremely careful, never recklessly rushing.

Due to this caution, Leon was the last to arrive at the Twofold section of the main laboratory. Once there, Leon felt that taking his time was the right choice. He had already caught the scent of blood and spotted the corpses of some mechanical sentinels on the ground.

It was clear that the guards around the main laboratory had not entirely malfunctioned; they had simply been repositioned to defend some important areas.

The place Leon was heading to, however, had almost no guards. In the eyes of the sentinels or the ancient experimental site's management, those failed laboratories didn't contain anything worth taking, and stationing guards there would be a waste.

This realization relieved Leon a bit. The place he was looking for was one such failure, located in a corner of the first level, and the door of the laboratory was marked with the symbols of Azrak Nightshade and Greenvine.

Pushing open the laboratory door, a large cloud of dust rushed at Leon, covering him in white.