Chapter 41: Good Deeds are Rewarded

The first attack almost failed, causing Leon's expression to become serious. He understood that this was not an ordinary battle like before; now, he was facing an elite monster on its own turf.

Realizing this, Leon jumped to his feet and leaped to the side of the Lava Worm, thrusting his spear forward.

At the same time, Victor's attack landed. Unlike Leon, Victor wielded a hammer, specifically a heavy two-handed hammer.

Victor had already determined his professional path from the start. He was on the path of the Soul Imprisoner, a profession that strengthened itself by devouring souls.

This profession, when fully developed, would result in his body becoming gigantic, even reaching the size of a giant. Thus, hammer-type weapons were his best choice.

At the moment, Victor held his best weapon—a square-shaped two-handed hammer that emitted a ghostly flame with every swing.

Compared to Caden Emberhart, Victor's attacks, whether skill-based or physical, could actually harm the Lava Worm. After a few strikes, he successfully drew the Lava Worm's attention, which had been focused on Leon.

By this time, Leon had already familiarized himself with the terrain and the Lava Worm's fighting style. He didn't attack often, but each time, he carefully selected his position before thrusting his spear.

Every time the spear struck, it hit a spot the Lava Worm couldn't retaliate against. Although the force of each thrust wasn't great, the impact was enough to grab the Lava Worm's attention.

Thus, as soon as he thrust his spear, Leon would immediately jump back, running along the path he had planned from the start, giving Victor and Caden Emberhart the opportunity to strike the Lava Worm from behind.

Only when the Lava Worm felt it was too heavily injured would it turn to attack Victor or Caden Emberhart.

In this situation, the Lava Worm, being an elite monster and not a boss, didn't have any kind of berserk phase triggered by losing a certain amount of health.

Soon, the Lava Worm stood in the magma, unable to rise again.

Seeing that the Lava Worm was killed, Caden Emberhart reacted the fastest. He jumped directly onto the Lava Worm, ignoring the red blood and magma, and used both hands to carve into the Lava Worm's body. In a short while, a heart-shaped red gemstone fell into his hands.

Carefully transforming the red gemstone into a card, Caden Emberhart finally took out two shares of cards to give to Leon and Victor.

Leon took a look and found that it was exactly as Caden Emberhart had said—ten units of standard sulfur. He nodded and then looked toward Victor.

At that moment, Victor stood by the Lava Worm's corpse, seemingly calculating something. It was clear that he was very interested in this giant worm, but he wasn't sure how to ask Leon, especially since they had already agreed to split the spoils.