Chapter 47: Open and Honest

The road was becoming increasingly difficult. Since the first wave of enemies appeared, Leon and his group had already encountered three waves of attacks in just three short hours.

These attacks, like before, all ambushed them from underground, with each wave consisting of about thirty to forty people.

Along the way, Leon and his team suffered quite a bit, and even two of the Seven Knights IV had been damaged and deformed.

Fortunately, Victor and Leon turned the corpses into undead, making them follow underneath the Seven Knights IV, so when ambushed, they would be the first to engage the enemies, serving as both meat shields and cannon fodder.

Under these conditions, they were able to fight more easily, without suffering too many losses.

Of course, Lady Ember and her team didn't want to continue fighting like this indefinitely. After all, aside from Leon and Victor, whose powers could improve with each battle, the rest of the team would experience some form of depletion.

One or two days would be fine—they could recover through cooking or other methods—but over time, even with the Seven Knights IV, they wouldn't be able to relax.

So, after breaking through three lines of defense, Lady Ember controlled the Seven Knights IV to change direction, heading down another path. Soon, a visibly fortified base was slowly left behind in the distance.

For the rest of the time, Leon and his team remained on the Seven Knights IV. Whether day or night, the machine continued its slow but steady movement under Lady Ember's control.

As days passed, Leon could no longer tell where he was. He couldn't even remember how many waves of enemies they had faced. He only knew they fought at least three times a day, sometimes five or six, and that the number of undead following beneath the Seven Knights IV had surpassed a hundred, with their strength almost beyond his control.

Finally, at that moment, the Seven Knights IV came to a halt. Leon, who had been studying vibration ratios, sensed that they hadn't encountered a fight. He set down the chicken bones he had been working with and stepped out of the internal cabin. It was then that he realized they had reached the "shore."

After spending so many days on Storm Islands, Leon had learned about its geography. Despite being called an archipelago, the map was actually of a large continent, with wide rivers dividing the landmasses.

Since the rivers were so vast, from the sky, the continent appeared as if submerged in water, which is why the map referred to the area as an archipelago.

However, as the map's grade deteriorated and its energy was fully drained, the rivers gradually disappeared, replaced by quicksand rivers.

These quicksand rivers expanded, and in some places, they stretched as far as the eye could see, their edges completely obscured. Standing at the edge of the quicksand river, it wasn't hard to mistake it for the sea.