Chapter 25: Installing the Device

Leon walked back and forth around the sea beast's corpse three times. In the end, he even jumped into the sea to study it for a while. Finally, he confirmed the general situation of the sea beast before him.

The sea beast in front of him appeared to be a mutated Mosasaurus. Though it was unclear how it had ended up here, the creature had evidently been trapped on the rocks at the edge of the cliff during high tide and eventually starved to death.

For a long time after the Mosasaurus died, no one noticed it. Only the seawater, carrying sand and gravel, came and went. As a result, the Mosasaurus' body slowly fused with the rock that had trapped it.

If one didn't pay close attention, they wouldn't even realize that it was a corpse.

Who knows how many years ago, the Black Hand organization built a base here. They threw a large number of useless bodies into the sea, attracting the three-headed snake, Bikadrak. Since then, the Mosasaurus' corpse became a platform and a latrine for the three-headed snake.

The bones scattered across the corpse were leftovers from the three-headed snake's meals. Not only that, but the water also contained a large number of bones, which had even altered the properties of the surrounding waters.

After measuring and calculating, Leon realized that if he only took the Mosasaurus' corpse, it would be a waste of this dungeon opportunity. The best course of action was to take the rock that had fused with the Mosasaurus, the pile of skeletons on its back, and the polluted seawater as well.

But if he wanted to take all those things, it would be too much. The positioning devices Leon had brought with him might not be enough. He had to make some compromises.

After calculating for a long time, Leon finally made a decision. The Mosasaurus' body was definitely going to be taken back in its entirety, and the bones on its back could also be brought along.

As for the underwater part, two positioning devices would be used to relocate the rock that had trapped the Mosasaurus. The bones and seawater, however, would depend on his luck.

Having made his decision, Leon swiftly took action. He quickly placed the smallest type of positioning device on various points across the surface of the Mosasaurus' body, on the rocks holding it in place, and finally, he tossed about a dozen into the sea.

These fist-sized devices were used to determine the size of the target. Generally, they only needed to be placed on the surface of the target.

Next came twenty-eight of the shortest positioning devices. These were for the earth vein positioning, meant to inform the teleportation system which energies needed to be locked and extracted together.

The arrangement of these twenty-eight positioning devices was much more complicated. Leon had to consider the energy flow inside the Mosasaurus or the direction of its patterns. If there was an error, the positioning device might be wasted, and the Mosasaurus might not be extracted in its entirety.